Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Lorenzo Sicilia <ar...@kemen.it> on 2004/03/04 12:24:56 UTC

jstl and binary field in mysql

Hi to the list,

I have a mysql db and I use SQL tag.
I have a strange problem when a field that has the attribute BINARY

With this snippets:

  <sql:query var="query1" >
     SELECT nick_name FROM user_comunity
  </sql:query>
     <c:forEach var="row" items="${query1.rows}">
      <c:forEach var="column" items="${query1.columnNames}">
       <c:out value="${column}" /> = <c:out value="${row[column]}" />,
      </c:forEach>
     </c:forEach>

the output is:

-- > nick_name = [B@171b246,  (BINARY attribute)
or
-- > nick_name = myLogin (no attributes)

I need mantain BINARY attribute.
Does it exist a solution?

Regard Lorenzo Sicilia

Re: Tomcat Concurrency and Hit Rate Issue

Posted by Peter Lin <tc...@yahoo.com>.

I would try sql server forums first to see what kind of load your server can handle. You can load test some sample queries using JMeter. this will tell you the upper limit for your particular server.

jmeter-user@jakarta.apache.org - if you have questions.

If you're using a single CPU server, you should be able to handle 10 active sessions without any problems. assuming you've taken care to write stored procedures and you're not doing funky joins. Reads won't be any problem for you, it's really the writes.

peter lin

Thomas McDonald <to...@yahoo.com> wrote:
Thanks. Actually all the people will take it. It is
an internal survey and they are being told by their
managers that they must take it.

That said, I would expect about 12-25 people hiting
the site at any one time (If I send out all 400
invitations at one time).

Also, it isn't a one shot survey submission. It is a
3-4 question at a time kind of survey and about
200-300 questions total. So there will be lots of
reads/writes. Some of the initial queries are complex
(lots of joins, etc.) so I am a little worried about
SQL performance.

Anyway, I'll take this to the the list mentioned by
J.Petersen: tomcat-user@jakarta.apache.org, but if
anyone has anymore useful comments I would welcome
them.

Posted by Thomas McDonald <to...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Derek <dh...@yahoo.com>.
Is there a general FAQ being maintained for this
listserv?  Sun maintains a very high level overview
FAQ.  However, I was wondering if something a bit more
detailed was available.

Thanks!
Derek

Strange behavior of Tomcat

Posted by Ananth R <an...@csa.iisc.ernet.in>.
Hello

Whenever I add new jar files to WEB-INF/lib  my tomcat doesnot work.It
says :The requested resource (/webapplication1/) is not available.

I tried to restart the Tomcat, that also does not work.So, a kind of fear
surrounds me whenever I add new Jar files or tld files.

Please tell me what I have to do.Should I write any entries to
server.xml/web.xml ...........

waiting for your generous solutions

A N A N T H. R