Posted to dev@cordova.apache.org by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org> on 2015/05/05 17:20:50 UTC

cordova-plugin-background-app

Wanted to draw attention to a new plugin we've created for allowing Android
apps to behave as a service on Android (without actually being a service!)

https://github.com/MobileChromeApps/cordova-plugin-background-app

We use it as part of our chrome.gcm, chrome.notifications, and
chrome.alarms plugins.

Under-the-hood, it uses less-well-known Android features to have an
Activity start without any visual cues, then have it be able to switch to
the foreground through "task reparenting". Crazy stuff, but nice results :)

Re: cordova-plugin-background-app

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.
Here we go!
https://github.com/MobileChromeApps/cordova-plugin-background-app/tree/master/example-app

Also makes use of CLI's ability to store plugins & platforms in config.xml
:)

Posted by Andrew Grieve <ag...@chromium.org>.

Posted by Raymond Camden <ra...@gmail.com>.
Do you have an example appl?