Posted to user@karaf.apache.org by Achim Nierbeck <bc...@googlemail.com> on 2011/12/01 08:52:26 UTC

Re: karaf best practices: bundle hot swap?

Hi Andrei,

2011/11/30 Andrei Pozolotin <an...@gmail.com>

>  Achim:

Another possibility is to use OBR while installing. You might also consider
using Cave, it could also help you with the updates, see [1] for it.

btw. OSGi is designed for the usecase of updating / upgrading your bundles
without down-times (or minimum down-times while upgrading)

>  If you want a hotdeployment - yes it's fileinstaller that does the job
> for the deploy folder
> if you want to update a bundle that is installed from a maven url for
> example,
> just do a update on the bundle Id in the shell and you'll be fine.
> If you're developing you have the command dev:watch id and it'l update
> your bundle as soon as it's
> installation source is updated (e.g. from a maven url)
>
> great ideas; I will follow up;
>

>  Regards, Achim
>
> I noticed you use this picture
>    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_the_Paranoid_Android
> for your logo
>    https://github.com/ANierbeck
> here is one more karaf evaluation question:
>    is this because karaf is making you depressed? :-)

Not at all, just not being able to use it all the time makes me depressed
:-)

Regards, Achim

[1] - http://blog.nanthrax.net/2011/08/apache-karaf-cave-preview/

Posted by Andrei Pozolotin <an...@gmail.com>.