Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Gene Heskett <ge...@verizon.net> on 2005/12/23 12:23:13 UTC

Question re perl & security fixes

Greetings all;

Because FC2 seems to have fallen off the Fedora-Legacy radar, I dl'd
the perl5.8.5 stuff for FC3, figuring if there was a dependency clash,
rpm would fuss.

It didn't, but I'm noting that when SA is searching for missing pkgs,
the log does not indicate that it is searching in the
new /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 path, only in 5.8.0, 5.8.1, 5.8.2,
5.8.3.

Is this something that would be fixed with a simple spamd restart or ??

--
Cheers, Gene
message by Gene Heskett are:

Re: Question re perl & security fixes

Posted by Gene Heskett <ge...@verizon.net>.
On Friday 23 December 2005 06:29, jdow wrote:
>From: "Gene Heskett" <ge...@verizon.net>
>
>> Greetings all;
>>
>> Because FC2 seems to have fallen off the Fedora-Legacy radar, I
>> dl'd the perl5.8.5 stuff for FC3, figuring if there was a
>> dependency clash, rpm would fuss.
>>
>> It didn't, but I'm noting that when SA is searching for missing
>> pkgs, the log does not indicate that it is searching in the
>> new /usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.8.5 path, only in 5.8.0, 5.8.1,
>> 5.8.2, 5.8.3.
>>
>> Is this something that would be fixed with a simple spamd restart
>> or ??
>
>You can tell us easily enough. Try it. The cost of a simple
>"service spamassassin restart" is remarkably small. (Or it SHOULD
>be.)

Looks like it did Joanne, I'm now seeing 5.8.5's in the log.
Thanks.  Just trying to get this thing in shape for me to disappear for
a few days over the holidays.

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "Gene Heskett" <ge...@verizon.net>