Posted to user@click.apache.org by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/19 06:47:02 UTC

Re: [Click-user] internet explorer expired page

Hi Marcelo,

Please note that Click mailing lists have moved to Apache:

The IE message is displayed when going back to a page where a form POST
was performed. By displaying the message
the browser provides users the option to refresh, which would resubmit
the form. This would be problematic if there was a
payment transaction as the user would end up paying twice.

A common pattern to work around this is the post-redirect pattern. After
the form post, redirect back to the same
page. When going back in history IE will perform a GET request instead
of a POST and won't display the refresh message.

See the method "onForm1Submit" at the bottom of the example:
http://www.avoka.com/click-examples/source-viewer.htm?filename=WEB-INF/classes/net/sf/click/examples/page/form/MultipleFormsDemo.java

You can also read the section "Preventing Accidental Form Posts" in the
form Javadoc:
http://click.sourceforge.net/docs/click-api/net/sf/click/control/Form.html

kind regards

bob