Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Olivier Guin <ol...@gmail.com> on 2020/02/14 10:54:57 UTC

Change Name and IP svm Cloudstack 4.13

Hello, I just upgrade coudstack from 4.10 to 4.13. I had to destroy my
System VMs and they recreated themselves with a new name and a new
public ip address! How to change the name and ip? Ex s-191-VM or v-70-VM
The name s-1-VM and v-1-VM is available ... Similarly, the IP address is
xxx.xxx.xxx.187 whereas originally the IPs were at .1 and .2 It's
cleaner :-) Regards, Olivier Guin

Re: Change Name and IP svm Cloudstack 4.13

Posted by Andrija Panic <an...@gmail.com>.
Em... why would you want to that? each systemVM will get different names
ones recreated - that is how it works. Same goes for IP - you've got a new
IP from the public IP pool.
i.e. you can't change that (besides potentially hacking the DB which is
beyond the point).

cheers

--

Andrija Panić