Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Matthias Wessendorf <ma...@apache.org> on 2006/10/14 00:58:11 UTC

TCK Tests for MYFACES-1467

Hi Dennis,

can you try to apply the patch for MYFACES-1467 and runing the TCK tests?

The javadoc for validate() says:
Retrieve the submitted value with getSubmittedValue(). If this returns
null, exit without further processing. (This indicates that no value
was submitted for this component.)

the patch is basicly doing this instead:

Object submittedValue = getSubmittedValue();
if (submittedValue == null  && !this.isRequired()) return;

(it add's the  && !this.isRequired())

Why?
See the descr. for the issue, since a man-in-the-middle tool can do
some funny things. I saw David's demo this afternoon in hackaton.

I think the javadoc for jsf 1.1 and 1.2 should be changed...
Since I am not really sure, what the TCK does for validate() I like to
have a TCK test run, before the checkin!

Thanks Dennis

--
Matthias Wessendorf
http://tinyurl.com/fmywh