Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by Da...@lotus.com on 2001/07/03 18:34:17 UTC

Re: error XALAN_BIG_ENDIAN or XALAN_LITTLE_ENDIAN must be defined for this platform!

Well, we need to know what version of Red Hat you're using and the version
of gcc that is installed.

This should not be happening, as __i386__ should be defined by gcc on any
Intel-based platform.

Dave

                    "Venkateswara
                    Rao"                 To:     <xa...@xml.apache.org>
                    <kvrao@winpho        cc:     (bcc: David N Bertoni/CAM/Lotus)
                    ria.com>             Subject:     error XALAN_BIG_ENDIAN or
                                         XALAN_LITTLE_ENDIAN must be defined for this
                    07/03/2001           platform!
                    05:38 AM
                    Please
                    respond to
                    xalan-dev

Hello,

I am working on Red Had Linux (2.2.14***)
with i686 processor.

$> uname -a
Linux 10.50.1.43 2.2.14-6.1.1 #1 Thu Apr 13 20:01:58 EDT 2000 i686
unknown

I am getting following problem when I try to include GCCDefinitions.hpp:

error XALAN_BIG_ENDIAN or XALAN_LITTLE_ENDIAN must be defined for this
platform!

Any workaround please?

Thanks in advance,
KV Rao