Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Jonathan Asbell <ja...@i-2000.com> on 2001/06/21 13:37:00 UTC

need a clear explanation of bean.tld

Hello all.  The <bean:message> tag just came up in a thread and I still dont know what areas the bean.tld stuff is specifically designed to handle as a whole.  Where is it that one wants to use this collection of tags' funcionality?  How should we be using it and how should we not be using it?

Jonathan

Re: need a clear explanation of bean.tld

Posted by "Craig R. McClanahan" <cr...@apache.org>.

On Thu, 21 Jun 2001, Jonathan Asbell wrote:

> Hello all.  The <bean:message> tag just came up in a thread and I
> still dont know what areas the bean.tld stuff is specifically designed
> to handle as a whole.  Where is it that one wants to use this
> collection of tags' funcionality?  How should we be using it and how
> should we not be using it?
>
> Jonathan

Well, the answer is sorta different for each of the tags.  But
<bean:message> in particular is useful when you want to display an
internationalized message so that the same JSP page can be used in
multiple languages.  See the following for more info:

* The Struts example application -- all the JSP pages use this

* The Struts User's Guide

* The "Bean Tags" User's Guide

* The "Bean Tags" Reference

All of the latter stuff is available in the Struts Documentation
application, as well as online at:

  http://jakarta.apache.org/struts

Craig