Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Nestor Oviedo <ov...@gmail.com> on 2009/11/25 22:02:37 UTC

param "version" and diferences in /admin/ping response

Hi everyone!
Can anyone tell me what's the meaning of the param "version" ?? There
isn't anything about it in the Solr documentation.

When I invoke the /admin/ping url, if the version value is between 0
and 2.1, the response looks like this:

<response>
	<responseHeader>
		<status>0</status>
		<QTime>5</QTime>
		<lst name="params">
			<str name="echoParams">all</str>
			<str name="rows">10</str>
			<str name="echoParams">all</str>
			<str name="q">solrpingquery</str>
			<str name="qt">standard</str>
			<str name="version">2.1</str>
		</lst>
	</responseHeader>
	<str name="status">OK</str>
</response>

And when the version value is anything different from that range, the
response looks like this:

<response>
	<lst name="responseHeader">
		<int name="status">0</int>
		<int name="QTime">4</int>
		<lst name="params">
			<str name="echoParams">all</str>
			<str name="rows">10</str>
			<str name="echoParams">all</str>
			<str name="q">solrpingquery</str>
			<str name="qt">standard</str>
		</lst>
	</lst>
	<str name="status">OK</str>
</response>

Tanks.
Regards
Nestor Oviedo

Re: param "version" and diferences in /admin/ping response

Posted by Nestor Oviedo <ov...@gmail.com>.
Tank you Chris... I didn't see it. I was looking for something related
with the PingRequestHandler.
Regards.
Nestor Oviedo