Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by David Campbell <da...@cpfc.org> on 2004/11/22 13:28:32 UTC

[users@httpd] floatdisf: referenced symbol not found

Hi - I am building Apache2 on Solaris 8 using GCC 3.3.  Everything
builds OK but one or two of the modules errors on test and startup:

bash-2.03$ /apache2/bin/httpd -X
Syntax error on line 247 of /apache2/conf/httpd.conf:
Cannot load /apache2/modules/mod_status.so into server: ld.so.1:
/apache2/bin/httpd: fatal: relocation error: file
/apache2/modules/mod_status.so: symbol __floatdisf: referenced symbol
not found

LDD doesn't show an error:

bash-2.03$ ldd /apache2/modules/mod_status.so
         libc.so.1 =>     /usr/lib/libc.so.1
         libdl.so.1 =>    /usr/lib/libdl.so.1
         /usr/platform/SUNW,Ultra-250/lib/libc_psr.so.1

nm can see the symbol in libgcc_s.so

bash-2.03$ nm -p /opt/GUgcc33/lib/libgcc_s.so | grep floatdisf
0000007124 T __floatdisf

Commenting out mod_status allows the server to start OK.

Re: [users@httpd] floatdisf: referenced symbol not found

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Mon, 22 Nov 2004, David Campbell wrote:

> Hi - I am building Apache2 on Solaris 8 using GCC 3.3.  Everything
> builds OK but one or two of the modules errors on test and startup:

Not sure why that's failing; sounds like a build problem.

> nm can see the symbol in libgcc_s.so

Does it help if you
LoadFile   /opt/GUgcc33/lib/libgcc_s.so
before loading the offending modules.

You shouldn't have to, but it could be worth a try

--
Nick Kew

Re: [users@httpd] floatdisf: referenced symbol not found

Posted by David Campbell <da...@cpfc.org>.
Jim Jagielski wrote:
> This usually happens when you build httpd with SO support but
> don't build mod_status or mod_cache* at the same time (there
> are other modules as well which kick this). The issue is that
> when you build httpd, you don't hit any code which requires
> those func's (due to the double and quad var usage) so that
> httpd doesn't require them from libgcc. If you then use
> apxs to build mod_status, etc, *those* modules require
> that function, which isn't automatically loaded by
> httpd.
>
> You can use LoadFile to force httpd to load it in.

LoadFile does indeed remedy this - many thanks.

Is there any way to force those functions from libgcc_s.so to be loaded
into HTTPD?

Thanks

Dave

Re: [users@httpd] floatdisf: referenced symbol not found