Posted to dev@kafka.apache.org by "Matthias J. Sax" <ma...@confluent.io> on 2019/10/07 22:10:49 UTC

Re: join kafka contribution

Xu,

thanks for your interest in contributing to Kafka! Kafka is very busy
project and sometimes it's hard get attention. Sorry for your bad
experience.

To get started, I would recommend to read
https://kafka.apache.org/contributing and also check out the
corresponding page on the wiki:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Contributing+Code+Changes

Besides this, I would recommend to look for tickets that are labeled as
"newbie" or "beginner" -- those should be good starting points. If you
don't get attention on tickets, keep nagging :) I understand that it can
be frustrating, but being persistent is the best way to get attention.

Welcome to the Kafka community!

-Matthias