Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Gary Dale <ga...@mail1.moh.gov.on.ca> on 2001/07/24 21:47:57 UTC

server.xml settings for virtual hosts

I'm running Apache 1.3.20 and Tomcat 3.2.2 with JDK1.3.1 on an NT box.
Both Apache and Tomcat are running as services. I am able to run the
examples with and without Apache so my basic setup is OK.

According to the "working with mod_jk" document (under Configuring
Tomcat), I have to add an <ApacheConfig /> entry to server.xml to
generate the Apache autoconfiguration file (presumably
mod_jk.conf-auto). However, I can't find the <AutoWebApp ... /> entry
refered to in the documentation.

None the less, a mod_jk.conf-auto is created each time I start Tomcat.
However, it ignores the entries I put into server.xml for virtual hosts
and only generates contexts for subdirectories  it finds in webapps. I
can add a directory to webapps and it adds it to the .conf-auto. When I
remove it again, it is removed from .conf-auto.

 It also ignores the entry I put in for Ajp13.

My server.xml changes are similar to the ones shown in Table 1 of the
"working with mod_jk" document and the comments in the server.xml file.
The Ajp13 connector is a cut and paste of the Ajp12 connector with the
values changed. The virtual hosts are similar to the examples only with
the name and docBase adjusted to fit my server. This is moot since it
seems to be ignoring the changes anyway.

Can someone provide some insight into how I can get Tomcat to generate
the mod_jk.conf-auto file with Ajp13 and the virtual hosts I specify?