Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by "Skinner, Gregory W." <gs...@mitre.org> on 2007/08/22 21:55:22 UTC

Rampart and Axis2 1.3

I have been trying to get Axis 1.2 or 1.3 working with a version of Rampart.
When I try to use Axis 1.3 with Rampart 1.2, the module does not deploy and
I get

[ERROR] The rampart-1.2.mar module, which is not valid, caused
org/apache/axis2/modules/ModulePolicyExtension
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/axis2/modules/ModulePolicyExtension

When I try to use Axis2 1.2 with Rampart 1.2 (deployed in Tomcat), I end up
getting a NullPointerException after I get :

Unknown top level PED found:
org.apache.neethi.builders.xml.XmlPrimtiveAssertion

Can anyone suggest which versions of Axis / Rampart are compatible and where
I might find them?

Thanks,
Greg

Re: Rampart and Axis2 1.3

Posted by Jon Hanshew <jh...@visa.com>.
Found an error in Rampart.java.  Commented out unsupported references.
Recompiled Rampart.java and rebuilt rampart-core.jar.  Replaced rampart-core
1.3.jar with new jar.  Restarted Tomcat with rampart.mar and rauhas.mar in
module directory.  No error.  Still do not know whether anything works.
Running Axis2 1.3 and the modified Rampart 1.3 that we were referred to in
the response to your original post.

Jon

http://www.nabble.com/file/p12316437/Rampart.java Rampart.java

Re: Rampart and Axis2 1.3

Posted by BigJon <jh...@visa.com>.
I am running Axis2 1.3 and have just downloaded and attempted to install
Rampart 1.3 from http://people.apache.org/~ruchithf/rampart/1_3/ as was
suggested.  I get the same error as reported by Gregory when I place the
"rampart-1.3.mar" file in the
C:\apache-tomcat-6.0.14\webapps\axis2\WEB-INF\modules folder and start
Tomcat.

[ERROR] The rampart-1.3.mar module, which is not valid, caused
org/apache/axis2/wsdl/codegen/extension/ModulePolicyExtension
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError:
org/apache/axis2/wsdl/codegen/extension/ModulePolicyExtension

There is no ModulePolicyExtension module in Axis2 1.3, but there is one in
Axis2 1.2.

Re: Rampart and Axis2 1.3

Posted by Jon Hanshew <jh...@visa.com>.
I have discovered that the axis2.war file created by the build.xml file in
axis2-1.3/webapp folder excludes axis2-codegen*.jar.  This is the reason
SimpleServer runs in axis2, but the axis2.war file fails to load the rampart
module when running under tomcat.

Jon

Re: Rampart and Axis2 1.3

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.