Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by SHUANG SU <su...@gmail.com> on 2019/09/11 05:22:30 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache ECharts (incubating) 4.3.0 (release candidate 2)

I am pleased to be calling this vote for the release of Apache ECharts
(incubating) 4.3.0 (release candidate 2).

Apache ECharts community has voted and approved the release.

Vote thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/67fd9865d480074d05e1343488ff8717f0e24a5a8e46617711e1652d@%3Cdev.echarts.apache.org%3E

Results thread:
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/93647412b566a7f1d88c54b10d03f7b26e61d03278eb92afefa27334@%3Cdev.echarts.apache.org%3E

The release candidate to be voted over is available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/echarts/4.3.0-rc.2/

The release candidate is signed with a GPG key available at:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/echarts/KEYS

The Git commit for this release is:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=incubator-echarts.git;a=commit;h=739033d

The Release Note is available in:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/echarts/4.3.0-rc.2/RELEASE_NOTE.txt

***
The changes from Apache ECharts (incubating) 4.3.0 (release candidate 1):

(1) Remove the author tags that are not removed. Author tag is brought by
previous
code style but has been not recommanded any more for long time.
(2) Remove the code snippet that has copyright issue from
`./src/component/toolbox/feature/DataView.js`.
(3) The previous code snippet that has copyright issue in
`./src/component/brush/selector.js` is
from a blog but seems like originally from a online lecture of an
university (where the link is not able to access).
We remove it and rewrite the code based on the fundamental math derivation.
(4) Remove all of the old website link `http://echarts.baidu.com` from the
comments of the code.

More details can be checked in:
https://github.com/apache/incubator-echarts/compare/b62ab99...739033d
***

Some shell commands for validating the release:

```shell
# Download the release:
curl
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/incubator/echarts/4.3.0-rc.2/apache-echarts-4.3.0-rc.2-incubating-src.zip
-o apache-echarts-4.3.0-rc.2-incubating-src.zip
unzip apache-echarts-4.3.0-rc.2-incubating-src.zip -d
apache-echarts-4.3.0-rc.2-incubating-src > /dev/null

# Rebuild the project (Node.js environment is required):
cd "apache-echarts-4.3.0-rc.2-incubating-src" && npm install && cd ..
node "apache-echarts-4.3.0-rc.2-incubating-src/build/build.js" --release
# (See help: `node
"apache-echarts-4.3.0-rc.2-incubating-src/build/build.js" --help`)
```

Please vote on releasing this package as:
Apache ECharts (incubating) 4.3.0 (release candidate 2)
by "2019-09-14T06:19:36.893Z".

[ ] +1 Release this package
[ ] 0 I don't feel strongly about it, but don't object

Anyone can participate in testing and voting, not just committers, please
feel free to try out the release candidate and provide your votes.

A checklist for reference:
https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/INCUBATOR/Incubator+Release+Checklist

Thanks,
------------------------------
 Su Shuang (100pah)
------------------------------

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ECharts (incubating) 4.3.0 (release candidate 2)

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Thanks. I think that is the reason. I always use  shasum Command for this.
Anyway, it is fine.

Sheng

SHUANG SU <su...@gmail.com>于2019年9月13日 周五上午3:35写道:

Sheng Wu
SkyWalking, Shardingsphere and Zipkin

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache ECharts (incubating) 4.3.0 (release candidate 2)

Posted by SHUANG SU <su...@gmail.com>.
Sheng,

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
+1 binding