Posted to users@cxf.apache.org by narend <na...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/16 19:46:40 UTC

Simple FrontEnd CXF deployment error

Hi all
I was able to get the standalone Simple FrontEnd HelloWorld to work. Now I
would like to deploy it as  a war . I followed the instructions from the CXF
User guide on setting up a CXFServlet & I get the below error. Supporting
Artifacts are included below (cxf-servlet.xml & web.xml)
I'm not familiar with Spring and I'm trying the HelloWorld example. The
error seems to be because I'm missing some definition in spring?  Has anyone
else had success with Simple FrontEnd deployment.. I really like the ease of
setting up services with it. Would appreciate any thoughts on this one..
Thanks!

http://www.nabble.com/file/p13238695/cxf-servlet.xml cxf-servlet.xml
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13238695/web.xml web.xml

12:35:17,556 ERROR [STDERR] ::: Oct 16, 2007 12:35:17 PM
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.SpringBusFactory createBus
WARNING: Failed to create application context.
org.springframework.beans.factory.NoSuchBeanDefinitionException: No bean
named 'cxf' is defined
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.DefaultListableBeanFactory.getBeanDefinition(DefaultListableBeanFactory.java:345)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getMergedBeanDefinition(AbstractBeanFactory.java:894)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:243)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:229)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.AbstractBeanFactory.getBean(AbstractBeanFactory.java:160)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.getBean(AbstractApplicationContext.java:703)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.SpringBusFactory.finishCreatingBus(SpringBusFactory.java:69)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.SpringBusFactory.createBus(SpringBusFactory.java:84)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.SpringBusFactory.createBus(SpringBusFactory.java:65)
        at
org.apache.cxf.bus.spring.SpringBusFactory.createBus(SpringBusFactory.java:52)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFServlet.loadSpringBus(CXFServlet.java:159)
        at
org.apache.cxf.transport.servlet.CXFServlet.init(CXFServlet.java:98)
        at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapper.loadServlet(StandardWrapper.java:1161)

RE: simple-frontend.html

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.
The 'nice idea' is fine if you understand the constraints. The two ends
have to come up with the same answer for the hidden internal model of
the service. If this is your situation, my suggestion is to avoid
interfaces and stick with classes in terms of communicating with CXF or
any similar toolkit.

Spring

http://cwiki.apache.org/CXF20DOC/writing-a-service-with-spring.html

> > using

> > heading

> > method

> > on

> > out

JaxWsProxyFactoryBean

Re: simple-frontend.html

Posted by Jonathan Slate <js...@mtl.mit.edu>.

RE: simple-frontend.html

Posted by Benson Margulies <bi...@basistech.com>.

Re: simple-frontend.html

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@iona.com>.
Oops... My bad, I didn't read it carefully. ;-), but I havent seen this
case before, I will try it to see if I can have this problem as you did
as soon as I get a chance.

Thanks
Jeff

Re: simple-frontend.html

Posted by Jonathan Slate <js...@mtl.mit.edu>.

Re: simple-frontend.html

Posted by Jeff Yu <je...@iona.com>.

simple-frontend.html

Re: Simple FrontEnd CXF deployment error

Posted by narend <na...@gmail.com>.
Quick update so that it benefits others struggling with the issue
I was able to include the CXFServlet in web.xml to get the SimpleFrontEnd
working. The one change I did was to rename the cxf-servlet.xml to
services.xml(any name will do).... looks like I was mis-led by the simple
front end tutorial that asked me to create a cxf-servlet.xml or I
misunderstood how the CXFServlet & ContextLoader worked.
But anyways now I'm able to get  the Simple front end working inside a
container with no need to specify different ports for different services..
find my config below
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13254128/services.xml services.xml
http://www.nabble.com/file/p13254128/web.xml web.xml

Posted by narend <na...@gmail.com>.