Posted to user@zookeeper.apache.org by lamriq <la...@gmail.com> on 2018/10/26 12:21:46 UTC

test zookeeper observer

Hello

I add a new server Zookeeper as observer, but I am not sure if it's work
well or not, how can I test if the observer send OBSERVERINFO and don't
vote.

Regards
Rabii

--
Sent from: http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/

Re: test zookeeper observer

Posted by Patrick Braga-Henebry <Pa...@imc.com>.
You can use the 4-letter command 'mntr', documented on the Admin's Guide: http://zookeeper.apache.org/doc/r3.4.8/zookeeperAdmin.html#sc_zkCommands

On the host running the node, run:
echo mntr | nc localhost 2181 #or whatever your configured client port is.

And check the zk_server_state entry.  It should say 'observer'.

On 10/26/18, 7:21 AM, "lamriq" <la...@gmail.com> wrote:

    Hello

    I add a new server Zookeeper as observer, but I am not sure if it's work
    well or not, how can I test if the observer send OBSERVERINFO and don't
    vote.

    Regards
    Rabii

    --
    Sent from: http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/

Patrick Braga-Henebry
Software Developer
T +13122755462
E Patrick.Braga-Henebry@imc.com<ma...@imc.com>
233 South Wacker Drive # 4300,
Chicago, Illinois 60606, US
[IMC Logo]<https://www.imc.com/us/>

[F]<https://www.facebook.com/IMCTrading>

[t]<http://twitter.com/IMCTrading>

[I]<https://www.instagram.com/imctrading/>

[in]<https://www.linkedin.com/company/imc-financial-markets>

imc.com<https://www.imc.com/us/>

________________________________

The information in this e-mail is intended only for the person or entity to which it is addressed.

It may contain confidential and /or privileged material, the disclosure of which is prohibited. Any unauthorized copying, disclosure or distribution of the information in this email outside your company is strictly forbidden.

If you are not the intended recipient (or have received this email in error), please contact the sender immediately and permanently delete all copies of this email and any attachments from your computer system and destroy any hard copies. Although the information in this email has been compiled with great care, neither IMC nor any of its related entities shall accept any responsibility for any errors, omissions or other inaccuracies in this information or for the consequences thereof, nor shall it be bound in any way by the contents of this e-mail or its attachments.

Messages and attachments are scanned for all known viruses. Always scan attachments before opening them.

Re: test zookeeper observer

Posted by lamriq <la...@gmail.com>.
Hi

Thank you for your help,

I lookup for a scenario like request hive or any other scenario to improve
that the observer is called and used, because i am testing this in a small
cluster not in prod, so i need to initiate a test.

Regards
Rabii

--
Sent from: http://zookeeper-user.578899.n2.nabble.com/

Re: test zookeeper observer

Posted by Alexander Shraer <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi, look at that server’s log - it should say that it is observing.