Posted to user@xmlbeans.apache.org by "Dicks, Matthew" <MD...@LMUS.LeggMason.com> on 2007/06/28 19:01:19 UTC

2.3.0 and BEA Workshop 9.2

After switching to XmlBeans 2.3.0 and recompiling all my beans, Workshop 9.2 crashed when trying generate WSDLs for web services:

java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError
	at sun.misc.Unsafe.ensureClassInitialized(Native Method)
	at sun.reflect.UnsafeFieldAccessorFactory.newFieldAccessor(UnsafeFieldAccessorFactory.java:25)
	at sun.reflect.ReflectionFactory.newFieldAccessor(ReflectionFactory.java:122)
	at java.lang.reflect.Field.acquireFieldAccessor(Field.java:917)
	at java.lang.reflect.Field.getFieldAccessor(Field.java:898)
	at java.lang.reflect.Field.get(Field.java:357)
	at weblogic.wsee.util.XBeanUtil.getApacheSchemaTypeForApacheXmlBean(XBeanUtil.java:322)
	at weblogic.wsee.util.XBeanUtil.getXsdPathForXmlBean(XBeanUtil.java:280)
	at weblogic.wsee.util.XBeanUtil.getSchemaTypeSourceName(XBeanUtil.java:217)
	at weblogic.wsee.bind.buildtime.internal.SoapAwareJava2Schema.generateWrappedXmlBeanSchemaTypes(SoapAwareJava2Schema.java:429)
	at weblogic.wsee.bind.buildtime.internal.SoapAwareJava2Schema.postProcessOutputs(SoapAwareJava2Schema.java:318)
	at com.bea.staxb.buildtime.Java2Schema.internalBind(Java2Schema.java:421)
	at com.bea.staxb.buildtime.BindingCompiler.bind(BindingCompiler.java:125)
	at com.bea.staxb.buildtime.BindingCompiler.bindAsExplodedTylar(BindingCompiler.java:161)
	at weblogic.wsee.bind.buildtime.internal.SoapAwareJava2Schema.bindAsExplodedTylar(SoapAwareJava2Schema.java:1150)
	at weblogic.wsee.bind.buildtime.internal.TylarJ2SBindingsBuilderImpl.createBuildtimeBindings(TylarJ2SBindingsBuilderImpl.java:210)
	at weblogic.wsee.tools.jws.WebServiceInfo.createBindings(WebServiceInfo.java:213)
	at weblogic.wsee.tools.jws.wsdl.WsdlBuilder.process(WsdlBuilder.java:41)
	at weblogic.wsee.tools.jws.process.CompositeProcessor.process(CompositeProcessor.java:36)
	at weblogic.wsee.tools.jws.build.JwsCompiler.buildWebServices(JwsCompiler.java:466)
	at weblogic.wsee.tools.jws.build.JwsCompiler.compile(JwsCompiler.java:438)
	at com.bea.wlw.webservices.core.compiler.WebServiceCompiler$3.invoke(WebServiceCompiler.java:247)
	at com.bea.wlw.webservices.core.compiler.WebServiceCompiler.accessCompiler(WebServiceCompiler.java:291)
	at com.bea.wlw.webservices.core.compiler.WebServiceCompiler.compile0(WebServiceCompiler.java:244)
	at com.bea.wlw.webservices.core.compiler.WebServiceCompiler.compile(WebServiceCompiler.java:202)
	at com.bea.wlw.webservices.ui.actions.GenerateWsdlFromJwsAction.run(GenerateWsdlFromJwsAction.java:149)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:246)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:538)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)
	at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:400)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:843)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3125)
	at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2758)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1699)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1663)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)
	at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
	at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
	at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
	at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)
	at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
	at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
	at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
	at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948)

Any ideas?

Matt
IMPORTANT:  E-mail sent through the Internet is not secure. Legg Mason therefore
recommends that you do not send any confidential or sensitive information to us
via electronic mail, including social security numbers, account numbers, or personal
identification numbers. Delivery, and or timely delivery of Internet mail is not
guaranteed. Legg Mason therefore recommends that you do not send time sensitive
or action-oriented messages to us via electronic mail.

This message is intended for the addressee only and may contain
privileged or confidential information. Unless you are the intended
recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone any information
contained in this message. If you have received this message in error,
please notify the author by replying to this message and then kindly
delete the message. Thank you.

RE: 2.3.0 and BEA Workshop 9.2

Posted by "Dicks, Matthew" <MD...@LMUS.LeggMason.com>.
Thank you, Rob!  If I understand correctly, in my current project (before moving to 2.3) I am using XmlBeans 2.2.0 in a User Library, when I build a WSDL, Workshop is really using 2.1 and at runtime WLS is using 2.1 also, regardless of the User Library or putting the 2.2.0 jars in the domain/lib folder.

If this boils down to trying to recompile your Schemas with XMLBeans 2.3
and use them in a runtime that has XMLBeans 2.1, then I can confirm that
it is not supported. Even if it was, that would not enable you to use
any new 2.3 functionality anyway. On the other hand of course, if you
tried to compile you Schemas with XMLBeans 2.1 and use them in a runtime
that supported XMLBeans 2.3, that would work.

Does all of this make sense?
Radu

On Thu, 2007-06-28 at 16:22 -0400, Dicks, Matthew wrote:
> Using the 2.3.0 bin (I checked the version before I compiled with:
> scomp -version)
>
>   Apache Software Foundation, org.apache.xmlbeans.XmlBeans version
> 2.3.0-r540734
>
>   scomp -out c:\xml\2.3.0\nav2.3.0.jar C:\xml\2.3.0\schemas\nav
> \nav.xsd -compiler c:\java\jdk1.5.0_11\bin\javac.exe

a:39)
>                                         at

Impl.java:25)
> [...]

> therefore
> recommends that you do not send any confidential or sensitive
information to us
> via electronic mail, including social security numbers, account
numbers, or personal
> identification numbers. Delivery, and or timely delivery of Internet
mail is not
> guaranteed. Legg Mason therefore recommends that you do not send time
sensitive
> or action-oriented messages to us via electronic mail.
>
> This message is intended for the addressee only and may contain
> privileged or confidential information. Unless you are the intended
> recipient, you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone any information

> contained in this message. If you have received this message in error,

> please notify the author by replying to this message and then kindly

by email and then delete it.

RE: 2.3.0 and BEA Workshop 9.2

Posted by "Dicks, Matthew" <MD...@LMUS.LeggMason.com>.

RE: 2.3.0 and BEA Workshop 9.2

Posted by Radu Preotiuc-Pietro <ra...@bea.com>.

RE: 2.3.0 and BEA Workshop 9.2

Posted by "Dicks, Matthew" <MD...@LMUS.LeggMason.com>.

Re: 2.3.0 and BEA Workshop 9.2

Posted by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com>.

RE: 2.3.0 and BEA Workshop 9.2

Posted by "Dicks, Matthew" <MD...@LMUS.LeggMason.com>.

Re: 2.3.0 and BEA Workshop 9.2

Posted by Jacob Danner <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Matthew,

RE: 2.3.0 and BEA Workshop 9.2

Posted by "Dicks, Matthew" <MD...@LMUS.LeggMason.com>.
I turned off the BEA XmlBeans Facet in the Workshop and have been using XmlBeans 2.2.0 with Workshop for about a year with no issues.  I was trying to go to 2.3.0 to support CDATA however, looks like I'll have to stick with 2.2.0 and encode everything.

Matt

RE: 2.3.0 and BEA Workshop 9.2

Posted by Rob Frost <rf...@bea.com>.