Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by ramaj <ra...@gmail.com> on 2007/10/08 23:15:14 UTC

Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

hi,
I have installed Jetspeed2.1.
I am doing login stress testing for multiple users using JMETER tool.

Requests are
Total requests = 8000
cun requests = 500

But stress testing reached to 5000 then
/webportal/webapps/webportal/logs/pa.log
it gives error

"Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"

For to solve this error,i have increased the RAM size as follows:

webportal/bin/catalina.bat:set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xmx2000m
webportal/bin/catalina.sh:JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS "-Xmx2000m
webportal/bin/catdebug.bat:set CATALINA_OPTS=-Xmx2000m
webportal/bin/startJetspeed.bat:set CATALINA_OPTS=-Xmx2000m

then application restart again........

but again it reached to 5000 requests,it gives same error..........

plz help me.........

Thanks
ramj.

Re: Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.
On 2007-10-09 19:16 Weaver, Scott wrote:

> I guess I should ask which container/app server people (who are going OOM) are running in.  I have seen this in both 4.x and 5.0.x of Tomcat and Weblogic 9.2.
Tomcat 5.5.17/20.

--
best regards,
     Jacek Wislicki

jacek.wislicki@gmail.com
http://www.nauka-biznes.org.pl/jetspeed/portal/
tel.: +48 502 408 444
gg: 2540358
skype: jacek_wislicki

RE: Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Posted by "Weaver, Scott" <we...@ugs.com>.
This is an interesting theory.  I do something similar but in the opposite direction.  My customized Jetspeed uses an instance of my portlet application's datasource.

I guess I should ask which container/app server people (who are going OOM) are running in.  I have seen this in both 4.x and 5.0.x of Tomcat and Weblogic 9.2.

-scott

Posted by Jacek Wiślicki <ja...@gmail.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
yup, this one:

http://people.apache.org/~taylor/large_profiler_hashmap.jpeg

On Oct 10, 2007, at 12:10 PM, Weaver, Scott wrote:

> I haven't looked at the profiler, is it also just using a map?
>
> -scott

David Sean Taylor
Bluesunrise Software
david@bluesunrise.com
[office] +01 707 773-4646
[mobile] +01 707 529 9194

RE: Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space

Posted by "Weaver, Scott" <we...@ugs.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by "Weaver, Scott" <we...@ugs.com>.
Cool.  The new cache interface is pretty well documented, I will go
ahead and add the docs to the PortletWindowAccessor interface.

Another quick question, do you remembered why the "windows" map in
PortletWindowAccessorImpl is synchronized?  I don't want to have to sync
on all the cache operations if I don't have to.

Thanks,
-scott

org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.PortletWindowAccessor.getPortletW

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by "Weaver, Scott" <we...@ugs.com>.
Slight issue.

org.apache.jetspeed.container.window.PortletWindowAccessor.getPortletWin
dows() returns a Set of HashMap.Entrys.  Since this is moving to cache,
there will no longer be a HashMap to call getEntrySet() on.  I propose
just changing this to return a Set of PortletWindows.  The only code
that will need to change within Jetspeed is the
org.apache.jetspeed.aggregator.impl.PortletTrackingManagerImpl.  It has
three methods that call the getPortletWindows().  The three methods can
easily be modified to expect a Set of PortletWindows as opposed to a Set
of HashMap.Entrys.

Does anyone have an issue with me changing this behavior?

Regards,
-scott

Posted by "Weaver, Scott" <we...@ugs.com>.

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Here is Ethan's attachments:

Posted by Ethan Adams <et...@gmail.com>.
The issues I found was with the JetspeedProfilerImpl and
PortletWindowAccessorImpl.  This portal is running Jetspeed 2.0, but I don't

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.

Posted by Ethan Adams <et...@gmail.com>.

Posted by "Weaver, Scott" <we...@ugs.com>.

Posted by Vitaly Baranovsky <vi...@gmail.com>.
I have same problem.

2007/10/9, ramaj <ra...@gmail.com>:

> hi,
> I have installed Jetspeed2.1.
> I am doing login stress testing for multiple users using JMETER tool.
>
> Requests are
> Total requests = 8000
> cun requests = 500
>
> But stress testing reached to 5000 then
> /webportal/webapps/webportal/logs/pa.log
> it gives error
>
> "Caused by: java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space"
>
> For to solve this error,i have increased the RAM size as follows:
>
> webportal/bin/catalina.bat:set JAVA_OPTS=%JAVA_OPTS% -Xmx2000m
> webportal/bin/catalina.sh:JAVA_OPTS="$JAVA_OPTS "-Xmx2000m
> webportal/bin/catdebug.bat:set CATALINA_OPTS=-Xmx2000m
> webportal/bin/startJetspeed.bat:set CATALINA_OPTS=-Xmx2000m
>

> then application restart again........
>
> but again it reached to 5000 requests,it gives same error..........
>
> plz help me.........
>
> Thanks
> ramj.

With best regards,