Posted to user@turbine.apache.org by Hristo Kosev <hk...@hotmail.com> on 2001/03/19 16:02:36 UTC

Horrible Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Hi,
About a week ago I downloaded from the anonymous CVS the latest version of
turbine and velocity. Before that I used velocity 0.74 and some earlier
version of turbine. I configured properly the Turine and Velocity property
files and everything was ok with compiling these versions of turbine and
velocity(0.75) but there were some problems with the
TurbineSecurity.getAuthenticatedUser method!?!
That's what I got when I try to log into the tools I use through the
previously working login page:

Horrible Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager.java:152)
at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager.java:229)
at
org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.getAuthenticatedUser(BaseSecurityService.java:289)
at org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getAuthenticatedUser
(TurbineSecurity.java:191)
	at admin.modules.actions.LoginNew.doPerform(LoginNew.java:79)
	at
org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.VelocityAction.doPerform(VelocityAction.java:88)
I should say again that the LoginNew action was working before I put the new
version of turbine-2.1-dev-unreleased.jar and velocity-0.75.jar
I would appreciate any help! Thanks in advance!
Hristo

Re: Horrible Exception: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError

Posted by John McNally <jm...@collab.net>.
do a complete build from source, make sure there are no old class files
lying around.