Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by "Michael Laccetti [c]" <mi...@s2g-limited.com> on 2005/12/06 03:07:51 UTC

JMS not functioning [signed]

I've deployed a JMS connector to Geronimo, but when I try to retrieve a
handle to the connection factory, I get a strange exception.  Also, when
Geronimo starts up, it seems that the connector gets stuck in 'starting'
mode, and doesn't fully start.  Finally, I'm using JDK 1.5.0_05.  You can
view the deployment descriptor, startup log, and exception stacktrace here:
http://pastebin.com/450367

Any thoughts/ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks,

Mike

--
------------------------ [ SECURITY NOTICE ]
------------------------
To: user@geronimo.apache.org.
For your security, michael@s2g-limited.com
digitally signed this message on 06 December 2005 at 02:07:42 UTC.
Verify this digital signature at http://www.ciphire.com/verify.
------------------- [ CIPHIRE DIGITAL SIGNATURE ]
-------------------
Q2lwaGlyZSBTaWcuAjh1c2VyQGdlcm9uaW1vLmFwYWNoZS5vcmcAbWljaGFlbEBzMmctb
GltaXRlZC5jb20AZW1haWwgYm9keQB0AQAAfAB8AAAAAQAAAG7ylEN0AQAAKQMAAgACAA
IAIIXYnAvwVJnXYkeNqqLiR5ZyHRK7W0tiTAYcV7p1uX8mAQAxTkdmLdtsIbMe4FE6Bpy
Dx/u9eVN0WyoQPcWCmWDyDwGgWlzhV7dosV3C9ufYfodUr64KfmJjP5Zswl2sE9GrU2ln
RW5k
--------------------- [ END DIGITAL SIGNATURE ]
---------------------

RE: JMS not functioning [signed]

Posted by "Michael Laccetti [c]" <mi...@s2g-limited.com>.
The fix?  In the deployment plan I was linking to a workmanager via the
<name> element.  I switched to <gbean-link> and it works.

Mike

I think you need to look in geronimo.log for messages like "could not start
gbean **** because no matches for pattern ***

You may need to set the logging level to debug to see these.  By tracing
backwards from the gbean that hasn't started you can usually find where
there is a misnamed reference and fix it.

Hope this helps
david jencks

--
------------------------ [ SECURITY NOTICE ]
------------------------
Verify this digital signature at http://www.ciphire.com/verify.
------------------- [ CIPHIRE DIGITAL SIGNATURE ]
Q2lwaGlyZSBTaWcuAjh1c2VyQGdlcm9uaW1vLmFwYWNoZS5vcmcAbWljaGFlbEBzMmctb
GltaXRlZC5jb20AZW1haWwgYm9keQDLAwAAfAB8AAAAAQAAABgElUPLAwAAPwIAAgACAA
IAIIXYnAvwVJnXYkeNqqLiR5ZyHRK7W0tiTAYcV7p1uX8mAQAxTkdmLdtsIbMe4FE6Bpy
Dx/u9eVN0WyoQPcWCmWDyDz4ShAjtSIhbs/w7NzV6vrpCS/uV32l6ZDX/h/1LR9+KU2ln
RW5k
--------------------- [ END DIGITAL SIGNATURE ]

Re: JMS not functioning [signed]

Posted by David Jencks <da...@yahoo.com>.