Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Hontvari Jozsef <ho...@solware.com> on 2002/07/28 14:42:29 UTC

remote delivery: 1 minute pauses between each mail delivery

sent 3 mails to james from localhost, then I was looking the contents of the
var/mail/outgoing folder. The three letters immediately appeared in the
folder.

(I configured one delivery thread only.) Nothing had happened for one
minute. Then james sent one of the emails (it disappeared from the outgoing
folder locally, and I also got the mail).
The again, nothing for another minute. After that james sent the second
mail, and after another minute the third one.

Any thoughts?

Configuration:
-james-2.0a3
-any blocks except smtp and its dependencies are removed (so no pop3, nntp
etc.)
-10 spool threads
-1 delivery threads. If I am using 5 threads, then it sends all three
messages in one round, but only after the 1 minute pause too

Re: disabling news (was: remote delivery: 1 minute pauses between each mail delivery)

Posted by Adrian <at...@charter.net>.
Thank you, i really appreciate it. I already have one machine running James
for smtp with SMTP_AUTH , and I use an
Imap mail server so I can run squirrel mail. I also plan on setting a couple
mailservers for customers with the same config.
One actually rolls out tommorrow.
Soon I`ll do a servlet based webmail with james and POP instead of imap. I
looked at JWMA , but
it uses IMAP and needs a bit of tweaking.
Thanks again,

Adrian

Posted by Hontvari Jozsef <ho...@solware.com>.
ok, hopefully in this week