Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Wolfgang Häfelinger <or...@web.de> on 2005/10/07 11:57:13 UTC

export

Greetings,

One of the really great ant features is the ability to <import>  other build files. So what
I'm doing is something like

 <import file="b0.xml" />
 <import file="b1.xml" />
 ..
 <import file="bn.xml" />

and it's really cool that a entity (target, macro, patternset ..) defined in b${i} overrides a
entity with the same name.

Now what is missing (well, have no clue how to do it) is the other way around. I want to
be able to "export" the final build script.

For example, let's assume that b0.xml just contains this:

<property environment="env" />
 <target name="hello">
     <echo> hello b0.xml </echo>
 </target>

and b1.xml shall contain

<target name="hello">
     <echo> hello b1.xml </echo>
 </target>

then I would like to see this (printed on stdout for example)
doing an "export":

<property environment="env" />
<target name="hello">
     <echo> hello b1.xml </echo>