Posted to user@bval.apache.org by Fr...@ext.ec.europa.eu on 2015/12/07 08:00:27 UTC

Wrong interceptor method signature

Hi,

We are using BVal 1.1.0 as JSR-349 Bean Validation implementation in Weblogic 12.1.3 with java 8. When deploying our application, the application server complains about method signature compliance of the interceptor org.apache.bval.cdi.BValInterceptor. The exception stacktrace is at the bottom of this mail.

Indeed the signature of the method invoke(InvocationContext) in org.apache.bval.cdi.BValInterceptor throws java.lang.Throwable instead of java.lang.Exception which seems to be a violation of the interceptor specification.

Is there any chance to get this to be fixed in a further release? Do you want me to create a jira issue?

Regards,

Frédéric BURLET.

weblogic.ejb.container.compliance.ComplianceException: AroundInvoke method invoke in class org.apache.bval.cdi.BValInterceptor must have the signature: 'Object <METHOD(InvocationContext)> throws Exception'
        at weblogic.ejb.container.compliance.BusinessMethodInterceptorChecker.validateAroundInvokeOrTimeoutMethod(BusinessMethodInterceptorChecker.java:154)
        at weblogic.ejb.container.compliance.BusinessMethodInterceptorChecker.checkAroundInvokeOrTimeoutMethods(BusinessMethodInterceptorChecker.java:70)
        at weblogic.ejb.container.compliance.InterceptorChecker.checkAroundInvokeMethods(InterceptorChecker.java:61)
        at weblogic.ejb.container.compliance.EJBComplianceChecker.check(EJBComplianceChecker.java:100)
        at weblogic.ejb.container.compliance.EJBComplianceChecker.checkDeploymentInfo(EJBComplianceChecker.java:84)
        at weblogic.ejb.container.ejbc.EJBCompiler.doCompile(EJBCompiler.java:172)
        at weblogic.ejb.container.ejbc.EJBCompiler.compileEJB(EJBCompiler.java:346)
        at weblogic.ejb.container.ejbc.EJBCompiler.compileEJB(EJBCompiler.java:314)
        at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.EJBDeployer.compileJar(EJBDeployer.java:429)
        at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.EJBDeployer.compileIfNecessary(EJBDeployer.java:355)
        at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.EJBDeployer.prepare(EJBDeployer.java:723)
        at weblogic.ejb.container.deployer.EJBModule.prepare(EJBModule.java:439)
        at weblogic.application.internal.ExtensibleModuleWrapper$PrepareStateChange.next(ExtensibleModuleWrapper.java:295)
        at weblogic.application.internal.ExtensibleModuleWrapper$PrepareStateChange.next(ExtensibleModuleWrapper.java:285)
        at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver.nextState(StateMachineDriver.java:42)
        at weblogic.application.internal.ExtensibleModuleWrapper.prepare(ExtensibleModuleWrapper.java:109)
        at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleListenerInvoker.prepare(ModuleListenerInvoker.java:100)
        at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$1.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:175)
        at weblogic.application.internal.flow.ModuleStateDriver$1.next(ModuleStateDriver.java:170)
        at weblogic.application.utils.StateMachineDriver$ParallelChange.run(StateMachineDriver.java:80)
        at weblogic.work.ContextWrap.run(ContextWrap.java:40)
        at weblogic.work.SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl$WorkAdapterImpl.run(SelfTuningWorkManagerImpl.java:548)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:311)
        at weblogic.work.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:263)

        at weblogic.ejb.container.compliance.EJBComplianceChecker.check(EJBComplianceChecker.java:96)
[...]
        ... 8 more

RE: Wrong interceptor method signature

Posted by Fr...@ext.ec.europa.eu.
Hi Mark!

Thanks a lot! I'll keep an eye on it! :-)

Have a good day,

Regards,

Fred.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
We did a release yesterday. Just missing the announcement mail.
But should be up on maven.central already.

LieGrue,
strub

> Am 09.02.2016 um 08:48 schrieb Frederic.BURLET@ext.ec.europa.eu:
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> When do you plan to ship a bugfix release of bval? I would like to get an official release with the fix for the bug I reported some weeks ago.
>
> Thanks for your support!
>
> Regards,
>
> Fred.

Here it is!

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BVAL-141

Thank you very much for your quick support :-)

Frédéric BURLET.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Hi Frédéric!