Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Andreas Niekler <an...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de> on 2012/11/07 10:02:51 UTC

Stemmer German2

Dear List,

i have an unwanted behavior with the German2 Stemmer. For example the
river Elbe:

If i input elbe - the word gets reduced to elb
If i input Elbe - everything is ok and elbe is stored to the index.

If i now query for elbe or Elbe i get of course differnt Results
allowing the users not either use Elbe or elbe to get the same results.

Can i insert an exception list to the Stemmer. Otherwise we will have a
very hard time explaining some users why this is happaning for some words.

Thank you

Andreas

--
Andreas Niekler, Dipl. Ing. (FH)
NLP Group | Department of Computer Science

mail: aniekler@informatik.uni-leipzig.deg.de

AW: Stemmer German2

Posted by André Widhani <An...@digicol.de>.
No - you need to restart Solr to pick up the changes to the schema and you need to re-index the existing documents.

Regards,
André

Posted by Andreas Niekler <an...@informatik.uni-leipzig.de>.
Hello,