Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Andrew Williams <an...@edoc.com> on 1997/08/15 20:20:03 UTC

Re: os-irix/998: serv's first request fine, then hangs on every

The following reply was made to PR os-irix/998; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Andrew Williams <an...@edoc.com>
To: Marc Slemko <ma...@znep.com>
Subject: Re: os-irix/998: serv's first request fine, then hangs on every
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 1997 14:13:33 -0400 (EDT)

 On 15-Aug-97 Marc Slemko wrote:
 >On Fri, 15 Aug 1997, Andrew Williams wrote:
 >
 >> >How many httpd child processes are running when the problem
 >> >happens?
 >>
 >> # ServerPool Information
 >> MinSpareServers 5
 >> MaxSpareServers 10
 >> StartServers 5
 >> MaxClients 150
 >
 >But how many are actually _running_ as shown by a ps?

 8 are actually running.

 I installed the jumbo patch and it seemed to work.
 Unfortuantly I installed all the patches at once so I am not sure which patch
 actually took care of the problem (sorry)  if you want I have another 5.3
 machine where I can install the patches one after the other to find out which
 one(s) actually fixed the problem.

 Also, it seems to work fine under IRIX 6.2

 ---
 Andrew Williams        Systems Administrator
 andrew@edoc.com        http://www.edoc.com/
 Voice: (410)691-6971   Fax: (410)691-6235