Posted to c-users@xerces.apache.org by ma...@firstdata.com on 2007/04/27 15:52:47 UTC

Compiling with Xerces-C on AIX 5.2

Hi,

I am building an app on AIX 5.2 and am linking to the Xerces-C_2_7 library.
I have built the application with dynamic-linking to Xerces, but I'm
wondering is there a way to link statically to Xerces?  I've seen
references to "XML_LIBRARY" in the mailing-list, but dealing with VC++ on
Windows.  Is this applicable and sufficient to link statically on AIX?

Thanks,
Matthew Smith
First Data Merchant Services
e-mail: matthew.smith@firstdata.com
phone: 410 527-2966

The information in this message may be proprietary and/or
confidential, and protected from disclosure.  If the reader of this
received this communication in error, please notify First Data
immediately by replying to this message and deleting it from your
computer.

Re: Compiling with Xerces-C on AIX 5.2

Posted by Boris Kolpackov <bo...@codesynthesis.com>.
Hi Matthew,

matthew.smith@firstdata.com writes:

> I am building an app on AIX 5.2 and am linking to the Xerces-C_2_7 library.
> I have built the application with dynamic-linking to Xerces, but I'm
> wondering is there a way to link statically to Xerces?

On AIX you can link a shared library statically. With g++ the command
like would look along these lines:

g++ ... -Wl,-bstatic -lxerces-c -Wl,-bdynamic

hth,
-boris

--
Boris Kolpackov