Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by Rob Hartill <ro...@imdb.com> on 1998/01/08 19:27:11 UTC

LynxOS re-port (fwd)

not acked

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 18:29:18 +0100
From: Marius Groeger <ma...@sysgo.de>
To: apache-bugs@apache.org
Subject: LynxOS re-port

Folks,

I'm pretty upset: Recently, and for the second time I had sent you a
source patch to make Apache 1.2.3+ compile correctly under LynxOS, a
real-time Unix. (A LynxOS port has been done in the past already, but no
longer works for the latest release of LynxOS, version 2.5.) Yet I did not
receive any answer or feedback about this contribution.

I find your attitude, frankly, a bit bothersome. Is this a new kind of
software chauvinism, that "unpopular" OSes are just ignored? If so, you'd
be no better than the Microsoft community.

Still hoping,

--Marius

Re: LynxOS re-port (fwd)

Posted by Dean Gaudet <dg...@arctic.org>.
Can you say "autoconf would be so wonderful because we don't have to keep
up to date on every platform under the sun?"  I knew you could.  At any
rate yeah this guy is totally right, portability patches just sit in the
bugdb forever because we consider them features for some reason.

Dean