Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/20 08:38:04 UTC

[Axis2] WSDL and WS-I compliance.

Hello.

My WSDL seems good enough for server and client generation in Axis2 and
.net. Nevertheless when validating it with my Eclipse, 2 problems are
reported :

WS-I: (AP2901) A description uses neither the WSDL MIME Binding as described
in WSDL 1.1 Section 5 nor WSDL SOAP binding as described in WSDL 1.1 Section
3 on each of the wsdl:input or wsdl:output elements of a wsdl:binding.

WS-I: (BP2402) The wsdl:binding element does not use a soapbind:binding
element as defined in section "3 SOAP Binding." of the WSDL 1.1
specification.

The message are refered for the second SOAP 1.2 binding :

<wsdl:binding

            name="Moon4Service-SOAP12-Binding"

            type="my-service:Moon4Service">

            <soap12:binding

                  transport="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/http"

                  style="document" />

            <wsdl:operation name="testAttachment">

                  <soap12:operation

                        soapAction="urn:moon-ws-4/service/test-attachment"

                        style="document" />

                  <wsdl:input name="TestAttachmentInput">

                        <soap12:body use="literal" />

                  </wsdl:input>

                  <wsdl:output name="TestAttachmentOutput">

                        <soap12:body use="literal" />

                  </wsdl:output>

            </wsdl:operation>

</wsdl:binding>

I have had a look at the WS-I documents, but even with their comments, I
don't understand what my eclipse is complaining about.

So, if some WSDL fluent speaker should help me.

Thanks.

--

Ephemeris Lappis

Re: [Axis2] WSDL and WS-I compliance.

Posted by Mohana Murali <mo...@gmail.com>.

Anne Thomas Manes wrote:

> WS-I Basic Profile v1.1 (the current version) does not allow use of
> SOAP 1.2, MTOM, or WS-Addressing. Support for MTOM and WS-Addressing
> will be added in WS-I BP v1.2. Support for SOAP 1.2 will be added in
> WS-I BP v2.0.

I too faced a similar issue when I used soap 1.2 binding in wsdl 1.1.
Actually BP2402 assertion is present in BP 2.0 spec. The validator should
atleast provide the correct rule number so that it is clear that Soap 1.2
cannot be used with WSDL 1.1 for BP 1.1 compliance.

RE: [Axis2] WSDL and WS-I compliance.

Posted by Ephemeris Lappis <ep...@gmail.com>.
Hello.

Effectively, if I remove the SOAP 1.2 binding, my WSDL is validated... I
also will look later at what de WS-I says about attachments...

Just for information, I've made by WSDL using the Axis2 MTOM sample as a
model, and this is where the SOAP 1.2 binding comes from !

Thanks for your clear and detailed answer.
Regards.

--
Ephemeris Lappis

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <at...@gmail.com>.