Posted to embperl@perl.apache.org by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de> on 2004/04/03 14:19:20 UTC

Re: Cache Embperl output

> I've been using Embperl about for 2 years and I like it!
> This is very good, power and light tool to build dynamic
> content using Perl.

:-)

> I've read once in this mail list about possibility to cache
> Embperl output like that:
>
> [- Execute ( { inputfile=>'myEmbperl.html', expires_in => 60 } ) -]
>
> but I'd like to know more details about Embperl caching mechanizm:
> where are stored caching pages, how to manage them etc.

At the moment everything is cached in memory. See perldoc Config.pod for
configuration directives that influences the caching.

Gerald

Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh

Besuchen Sie uns auf der CeBIT (18. - 24. März 2004)
Halle 6 Stand B38-452

Re: Cache Embperl output

Posted by Gerald Richter <ri...@ecos.de>.
> Thank you Gerald for your answer.
> Are you planning to implement cache Embperl output on the  hard disk
> and
> if yes
> when will we able to use that feature?

There are plans in this direction, but not at an high priority, so I can not
say when this will be implemented. (this might change if I would get a
project, where I would need such a feature)

Re: Cache Embperl output

Posted by Michael Stepanov <mi...@francoudi.com>.
Gerald Richter wrote:

> > I've been using Embperl about for 2 years and I like it!
> > This is very good, power and light tool to build dynamic
> > content using Perl.
> >

> :-)
>
> > I've read once in this mail list about possibility to cache
> > Embperl output like that:
> >
> > [- Execute ( { inputfile=>'myEmbperl.html', expires_in => 60 } ) -]
> >
> > but I'd like to know more details about Embperl caching mechanizm:
> > where are stored caching pages, how to manage them etc.
> >

> At the moment everything is cached in memory. See perldoc Config.pod for
> configuration directives that influences the caching.

Thank you Gerald for your answer.
Are you planning to implement cache Embperl output on the  hard disk and
if yes
when will we able to use that feature?

> Gerald

> Gerald Richter            ecos electronic communication services gmbh
> IT-Securitylösungen * Webapplikationen mit Apache/Perl/mod_perl/Embperl
>
> Post:       Tulpenstrasse 5          D-55276 Dienheim b. Mainz
> E-Mail:     richter@ecos.de          Voice:   +49 6133 939-122
> WWW:        http://www.ecos.de/      Fax:     +49 6133 939-333
>
> Besuchen Sie uns auf der CeBIT (18. - 24. März 2004)
> Halle 6 Stand B38-452
>
> ECOS BB-5000 Firewall- und IT-Security Appliance: www.bb-5000.info

Best regards,
Michael Stepanov,