Posted to log4j-dev@logging.apache.org by Stephen Pain <st...@db.com> on 2004/06/08 12:33:19 UTC

RE: JMSReceiver - chainsaw

Here's the patch... still thinking about the Xbox!

If you could get this in and then include JMSReceiver in the webstart jar it would be a big help (release notes now say that JMSReceiver is included, but I'm still getting class not found).

Cheers,
Stephen

$ diff JMSReceiver.java.old JMSReceiver.java
9a10,13
> import java.io.FileInputStream;
> import java.util.Hashtable;
> import java.util.Properties;

55a60
>   protected String jndiPath;
57a63
>   private String providerUrl;
62c68
<     String _userId, String _password) {
---
>     String _userId, String _password, String _jndiPath) {
67a74
>       jndiPath = _jndiPath;
127a135,151
>       * Sets the path to a properties file containing
>       * the initial context and jndi provider url
>       */
>   public void setJndiPath(String _jndiPath) {
>        jndiPath = _jndiPath;
>    }
>
>    /**
>       * Gets the path to a properties file containing
>       * the initial context and jndi provider url
>       */
>    public String getJndiPath() {
>        return jndiPath;
>    }
>

>   /**
168,169c192,204
<
<         Context ctx = new InitialContext();
---

>               Context ctx = null;
>               if (jndiPath == null || jndiPath.equals("")) {
>                       ctx = new InitialContext();
>               } else {
>                       Properties p = new Properties();
>                       p.load(new FileInputStream(jndiPath));
>                       ctx = new InitialContext(p);
>               }
>
>               // give some more flexibility about the choice of a tab name
>               providerUrl = (String)ctx.getEnvironment().get(Context.PROVIDER_URL);

193a229

235a272
>               event.setProperty("log4j.jmsProviderUrl", providerUrl);

                      Paul Smith
                      <psmith@minotaur.        To:       Stephen Pain/DMGGM/DMG UK/DeuBa@DMG UK
                      apache.org>              cc:
                                               Subject:  RE: JMSReceiver - chainsaw
                      07/06/2004 02:29

> If Rallisport Challenge 2 is really that good, maybe I should join the log4j-dev list and submit a patch myself.   Or go & buy an Xbox :)

You should buy an XBox.... AND submit a patch... :)

Still getting my head around this new job, so this week might be a real
right-off.

I'll let you know my progress, whenever that happens.

Paul

RE: JMSReceiver - chainsaw

Posted by Paul Smith <ps...@apache.org>.
you couldn't do me a huge favour and do this as a 'diff -u' could you?
(Unified diff), that way I can easily do this on my windows box inside the
ide.

I won't be able to redo the webstart till tonight (another 12 hours from
now) because I forgot to email myself certificate from home so I can do
this sort of thing from work.

I think your approach of being able to specify a path to the
jndi.properties file is the best one I can think of too, that doesn't
involve any Classloader+SecurityManager trickery (Classloaders get very
complicated in a Web start environment).

Anyway, a Unified diff would help me a lot.

cheers

,Paul