Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Tim Kettler <ti...@udo.edu> on 2007/10/01 12:49:51 UTC

Re: [maven]Problem with settings.xml

zhongliang zhang schrieb:
> So,if I did not create manually,it will use the
> ${MAVEN_HOME}\conf\settings.xml by default,is it right?

It is used even when you create a private settings.xml in ~/.m2. The
content of the two files is merged, with settings in your private one
taking precedence.

> In addition,I set the  following property in the settings.xml
> <localRepository>C:/maven-2.0.7/sample/.m2/repository</localRepository>
> so,the local repository will be changed to the directory specified.

Yes.

> BTW,I have set the
> <offline>true</offline>
> but it still does not work when I run mvn with no connection to the
> Internet(at home),unless I add the -o option that to make it work.why
> the settings not work?
> thanks again.

I have personally never used one of mavens offline features. Try
searching the archives of this mailinglist ([1], [2]), there are many
threads about this topic. If you still have questions after reading the
existing threads ask them in a new thread.

-Tim

[1] http://www.nabble.com/Maven---Users-f178.html
[2] http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/