Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Sunil Singh <su...@fast.fujitsu.com.au> on 2003/01/24 00:13:48 UTC

give your views

Hi,
Is there any difference between a soap service and
web service . Do they mean the same.
Thanks,
sunil.

Posted by Steve Parker <st...@naweb.com>.
it's a classic case of industry buzzwords.  the best approach is to have
people give their definition of the term before assuming anything.

EAI is another...  app integration could be done any number of ways, but EAI
usually implies that you use an integration broker middleware

On Fri, 24 Jan 2003 09:23:03 -0700, Mike Oliver wrote

RE: give your views

Re: give your views

Posted by Benjamin Tomasini <bt...@neteverything.com>.

RE: give your views

Posted by Anne Thomas Manes <an...@manes.net>.
Back to the original question:

You can build a Web service using any of a variety of XML protocols, such as
SOAP, ebXML, XML-RPC, RosettaNet, or some proprietary protocol (e.g., UPS
offers a web service interface to UPS online based on a unique XML protocol
defined by UPS).

A SOAP service is a web service built using a specific XML protocol: SOAP.

Anne

Re: give your views

Posted by Benjamin Tomasini <bt...@neteverything.com>.
Agreed,