Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by Rahul Singh <ra...@gmail.com> on 2019/02/25 15:04:45 UTC

Feedback wanted for Knowledge base for all things cassandra (cassandra.link)

Folks,

I've been scrounging time to work on a knowledge resource for all things
Cassandra ( Cassandra, DSE, Scylla, YugaByte, Elassandra)

I feel like the Cassandra core community still has the most knowledge even
though people are fragmenting into their brands.

Would love to get your feedback on what you guys would want as a go to
resource for Cassandra development, administration, architecture, etc.
resources.

*MVP  1*
https://anant.github.io/awesome-cassandra

*MVP  2*
https://cassandra.netlify.com/

*MVP  3*
https://leaves-search.netlify.com/documents.html#/q=*:*&fq=tags:(cassandra)&fl=*&rows=20&=
  -

Each of these were iterated with feedback from the community, so would love
to get your feedback to make it better.

Up next is to add the RSS feeds from the major Cassandra folks like on
https://cassandra.alteroot.org

Thanks for your feedback in advance.

Re: Feedback wanted for Knowledge base for all things cassandra (cassandra.link)

Posted by Rahul Singh <ra...@gmail.com>.
Kenneth,

Thanks for the support! I totally agree and that's exactly how I think of
it.. as a Body of Knowledge. Each of those iterations are to show how
people have asked for the knowledge to be presented so far.

Awesome is a proven format for many people for specific lists of useful
links for a subject. The second iteration was more for folks that want all
the "best videos" or "slides" etc .. and the third is to be able to filter
it. There's another use case of specifically human/curating / ordering of
existing links to a specific TOC subject or role as you describe it, or to
a Cassandra doc command for example. Your structure makes a lot of sense.
For the time being, the backend structure I'm using only has tags for
taxonomy.. In addition to attributes like you mentioned, I am also
considering a richer "book" or "tree" like organization via an internal
directed graph to provide the type of structure books series of articles
provide.

Google's value is in the discovery of the knowledge, but they don't
necessarily have the human level Intel to rank it based on what a beginner
,  intermediate, or advanced person may see as the same knowledge. That
level of knowledge ranking , which I do work on is a specialization of
personalization but requires tons of feedback (the kind that google gets
with searches+clicks + more). For the time being, the goal is simple: How
to get people from zero to hero .. or 0.5 to hero in the shortest amount
possible, and also still be relevant for heroes to come back and keep tabs
on what's happening.

What I don't want is for it to be a "news" hub primarily because that's
already done with the alteroot.org site and unless they take it down, I'll
probably just take their feed and integrate it and add others as I find
them.

I wish I had more time to contribute!

Best,

https://leaves-search.netlify.com/documents.html#/q=*:* <https://leaves-search.netlify.com/documents.html#/q=*:*&fq=tags:(cassandra)&fl=*&rows=20&=> &fq=tags:(cassandra)&fl=*&rows=20&=  -

  <https://t.sidekickopen77.com/s2t/o/5/f18dQhb0S7kC8dDMPbW2n0x6l2B9gXrN7sKj6v5KRN6W56jV1n3LjlnqW7dWWcg4mxpbMf197v5Y04?si=7000000001660263&pi=96145521-2573-4382-c792-21f0579a8f91&ti=null>

Re: Feedback wanted for Knowledge base for all things cassandra (cassandra.link)

Posted by Chandrasekhar Thumuluru <ch...@gmail.com>.
Wow, this is great! Thanks!