Posted to dev@annotator.apache.org by Randall Leeds <ra...@apache.org> on 2022/06/03 01:35:36 UTC

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Annotator (incubating) version 0.3.0 (-rc.1)

With our limited project management committee for our podling, we really
need more folks to engage with a release vote.

I'm abandoning this vote, because my understanding is that we need three +1
votes from PPMC members.

I'll reach out to the other current committers directly and make sure there
are folks available to test the next RC.

In the meantime, let's clean up the confusion that Richard faced and see if
we can make things a bit clearer.

I'll also start a thread to see who is around and interested and would like
to help. We could use more committers / PPMC members.

I'll get all this moving when I'm back from vacation next week.

-Randall

Posted by Richard Eckart de Castilho <re...@apache.org>.
Hi Randall,

as far as I know, RC votes do not become stale. So there is not really a
need to void the effort that voters have already put in by cancelling
an RC that might otherwise go through. Maybe poking the guys a bit would
help.

For submitting a vote, I lack a verification of your GPG fingerprint.
I had pinged you on that on Gitter. If you could respond, and verify
the fingerprint, I could at least cast a non-binding vote since I am
not on the PMC.

Cheers,

-- Richard