Posted to user@mesos.apache.org by Sunil Shah <su...@yelp.com> on 2018/03/21 18:25:31 UTC

Mesos on OS X

Hey all,

We're contemplating setting up a small OS X Mesos cluster for running iOS
tests. I know Mesos technically builds on Macs, but has anyone ever had
experience with a long running cluster on OS X? Is it possible?
Recommended? Not recommended?

Thanks,

Sunil

Re: Mesos on OS X

Posted by Sunil Shah <su...@yelp.com>.
Thanks all, that sounds promising! We'll probably give it a go and see how
that works out...

Re: Mesos on OS X

Posted by Jie Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.

Re: Mesos on OS X

Posted by Benjamin Mahler <bm...@apache.org>.

Re: Mesos on OS X

Posted by Ken Sipe <ke...@gmail.com>.
I don’t have long running experience but I would expect it to work fine… the thing to be aware of is that under OSX there are no cgroup constraints…  you also may want to review the APPLE difference:  https://github.com/apache/mesos/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=__APPLE__&type= <https://github.com/apache/mesos/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=__APPLE__&type=>