Posted to general@incubator.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2012/08/12 20:28:04 UTC

Amber CLA status [Was: Old projects with incomplete copyright diligence]

Hi Antonio,

This is about making sure that all software being contributed to
Apache is covered by CLAs (continuous contribution) or the software
license grant (single contribution). Legally it would also be fine to
fork software under a Category A license, though it's frowned upon
(ie: the status checkbox doesn't offer it as an option).

By the look of LEGAL-134, it sounds like Amber started as a fork of
University of Newcastle code?

Hen

Fwd: Amber CLA status [Was: Old projects with incomplete copyright diligence]

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.
Hi *,

Begin forwarded message:

From: Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>>
Date: August 23, 2012 9:18:24 AM GMT+02:00
To: "general@incubator.apache.org<ma...@incubator.apache.org>" <ge...@incubator.apache.org>>
Subject: Re: Amber CLA status [Was: Old projects with incomplete copyright diligence]

Sounds like you should sign off on the first item in the Copyright
section of http://incubator.apache.org/projects/amber.html as "n/a".

can anyone update this page?

Regards

Antonio

No code was relicensed to the ASF when Amber was created. Instead it
was a fork of Uni of Newcastle code and that copyright remains on the
code.

Hen

On Mon, Aug 20, 2012 at 1:00 AM, Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>> wrote:
Hi Henri,

thanks for taking care of this.

IANAL but technically yes I think that the OAuth 2.0 part of Amber can be considered as a fork.

Before to perform the first release we followed what has been suggested in LEGAL-134.
Did we miss something? Should we do something more or we can assume this legal issue is over?

Thanks and regards

Antonio

Re: Amber CLA status [Was: Old projects with incomplete copyright diligence]

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
There are other legal items on that page that you should review and
decide if you can check off. If you're releasing, then I would expect
that page to have no unfinished tasks.

Hen

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com>.
Hi Henri,

thanks for taking care of this.

IANAL but technically yes I think that the OAuth 2.0 part of Amber can be considered as a fork.

Before to perform the first release we followed what has been suggested in LEGAL-134.
Did we miss something? Should we do something more or we can assume this legal issue is over?

Thanks and regards

Antonio

On Aug 12, 2012, at 8:28 PM, Henri Yandell wrote:

> Hi Antonio,
>
> This is about making sure that all software being contributed to
> Apache is covered by CLAs (continuous contribution) or the software
> license grant (single contribution). Legally it would also be fine to
> fork software under a Category A license, though it's frowned upon
> (ie: the status checkbox doesn't offer it as an option).
>
> By the look of LEGAL-134, it sounds like Amber started as a fork of
> University of Newcastle code?
>
> Hen
>
> On Fri, Jul 13, 2012 at 7:39 AM, Antonio Sanso <as...@adobe.com> wrote:
>> Hi Henri,
>>
>> Amber wise we tracked this in [0].
>> Now I am not sure if we can also tick the box.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Antonio
>>
>> [0] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LEGAL-134
>>
>> On Jul 8, 2012, at 4:22 AM, Henri Yandell wrote:
>>
>>> The following projects haven't signed off on the copyright checklist item:
>>>
>>> 2009-02-09  kato
>>> 2009-02-13  stonehenge
>>> 2009-05-13  socialsite
>>> 2010-05-19  amber