Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Rafa Haro <rh...@zaizi.com> on 2012/09/06 12:31:03 UTC

Re: DBpedia Spotlight Enhancement Engines

Hi Rupert,

I'm trying to get dbpedia spotlight engines working within a local and
clean Stanbol. So, I checkout the branch and build it and then, I
suppose that I need to install the generated bundles within a running
Apache Stanbol. I have tried to work with the lastest trunk version and
I'm having the same problem that Dave Butler reported about OSGi console
login. Do you know which is the most recent revision without this problem?

Also I might be trying to install spotlight engines in a wrong way, so
I'd appreciate if you can point me a better way to do it.

Thanks. Regards

El 20/08/12 14:38, Rupert Westenthaler escribió:
> [...]
> nor tried to install the engines within a running Apache Stanbol
> instance, but I can confirm that the build succeeds.
>
> Comments on the proposed name changes of the used module paths,
> artifactIds and package names are also welcome (see comment of
> STANBOL-706 [1])
>
> Iavor, Pablo if you are available you may want to join the #stanbol
> channel on IRC. If not I will use comments on STANBOL-706 to ask
> questions.
>
> best
> Rupert
>

> [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/STANBOL-706
> [3] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?rev=1374984&view=rev (commit messages
> wrongly states STANBOL-704 - sorry for that)
>
> On Mon, Jul 30, 2012 at 7:51 PM, Iavor Jelev
> <ia...@babelmonkeys.com> wrote:
>> Hi Harish,
>>
>> thanks for your interest. Regarding details on the engine, please refer
>> to the following blog post (it should answer partly your first and
>> second question):
>>
>> http://blog.iks-project.eu/dbpedia-spotlight-integration-in-apache-stanbol-2/
>>
>> For a functioning demo of the described engines and chains, please refer
>> to the following Stanbol instance (please note that the engines are
>> rather "generously" configured, so they will return all results
>> currently. Filters based on confidence metrics can of course be applied
>> to improve precision):
>>
>> http://spotlight.dbpedia.org/stanbol/enhancer/chain
>>
>> Let me answer your second and third question too:
>>
>> 2) DBpedia Spotlight is a stand alone tool, which was designed to do a
>> similar task to the current default Stanbol chain. We merely integrated
>> it in Stanbol with this EnhancementEngines. It goes through the whole
>> annotation life cycle (NER, DBpedia resources candidate selection,
>> disambiguation, linking). So it basicly is an alternative to the already
>> existing engines, as we all know - results differ according to a use
>> case. So the more alternatives we have to combine (by that I mean
>> engine), the better optimization possibilities there are. For further
>> info on DBpedia Spotlight, please refer to the project Wiki
>> (https://github.com/dbpedia-spotlight/dbpedia-spotlight/wiki)
>>
>> 3) No, it doesn't. As I mentioned - DBpedia Spotlight is a stand alone
>> tool, and it has it's own indexes.
>>
>> best,
>> Iavor
>>
>> Am 30.07.2012 19:29, schrieb harish suvarna:
>>> Thanks lavor. These will be great of usage.
>>> 1. How to use this engine? Should we form a new chain with [tika, langid,
>>> namedentityextractionenhancementengine,  your-new-dbpedia-enginee] for
>>> languages having NLP components.?
>>>
>>> 2.  How is this new dbpedia engine different from dbpediaLinking
>>> (NamedEntityTaggingEngine) or dbpediaKeyword (KeywordLinkingEngine) that
>>> already exists in Stanbol today?
>>>
>>> 3. does it use  the dbpedia solr index provided in the IKS dev conf through

This message should be regarded as confidential. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and destroy it immediately. Statements of intent shall only become binding when confirmed in hard copy by an authorised signatory.

Zaizi Ltd is registered in England and Wales with the registration number 6440931. The Registered Office is 222 Westbourne Studios, 242 Acklam Road, London W10 5JJ, UK.

Re: DBpedia Spotlight Enhancement Engines

Posted by Rafa Haro <rh...@zaizi.com>.
Hi Rupert,

I followed your instructions and now I have DBPedia Spotlight working
perfectly in my local machine.

Thanks a lot again for your help

Best Regards

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi all,

while there are still some improvements I would like to address (see
Open Issues at the end of http://s.apache.org/Aci) I think that we can
move the DBpedia Spotlight engine over to the trunk. So if nobody
objects I would do the same on Wednesday.

best
Rupert

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Rafa Haro <rh...@zaizi.com>.
Hi again,

Once I have DBPedia Spotlight engine working properly, my next step is
to use ContentHub component to store documents with Spotlight's
enhancements. I suppose I need to configure the default enhancement
chain to use dbpspotlightannotate engine. When I try to do that, I'm
getting a 404 HTTP Error for this URL:

Posted by Rafa Haro <rh...@zaizi.com>.
Hi Rupert,

Thanks a lot. Gonna try it now. I will let you know if finally I install
it successfully.

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi