Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by James Melton <jm...@home.com> on 2001/05/06 05:41:49 UTC

Re: Extended Iterators (was Re: Performance hit upgrading Xalan)

Scott,

I am making essentially no progress on this. I think I lack a fundamental
understanding of what you have in mind. You have proposed (option 3 below
and earlier) using match patterns to filter the nodes as we walk the tree.
Is there any example in Xalan of code that does this? Or lacking that, are
there two examples, one walking the tree and one matching nodes using match
patterns, that I can "Frankenstein" together into what you are describing?

Jim.