Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2007/02/27 02:37:02 UTC

ivyconfig.xml

Hi all,

I am playing around in the ivy branch and found
<ibiblio name="ibiblio-maven2"
                root="${ibiblio-maven2-root}"
                pattern="${ibiblio-maven2-pattern}"
                m2compatible="true"
                namespace="ibiblio-maven2"
    />

I provoked a fail (the jar I request does not exist) and got:
ibiblio-maven2: tried artifact [ stax | stax-api |
1.0.1 ]/stax-api.jar[jar]:
[ivy:retrieve]
http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/${ibiblio-maven2-pattern}

I did a grep for ibiblio-maven2-pattern but just found 3 files using the
pattern but non declaring it.

Is this a bug?

salu2
Open Source Java & XML                consulting, training and solutions

Re: ivyconfig.xml

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 02:37 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I did a grep for ibiblio-maven2-pattern but just found 3 files using the
>> pattern but non declaring it.
>>
>> Is this a bug?
>
> <property name="ibiblio-maven2-pattern"
> value="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[type]" />
>
> Fix it.
>
> Should I commit this?

Looks good to me. Thanks

Ross

Re: ivyconfig.xml

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Gav... wrote:
>> Hi Thorsten, I'm not at my usual computer at the moment, can you chjeck
>> back in this thread and see if you find where Ross mentioned he was going
>> to use Maven repo directly rather than through ibiblio.
>>
>> Not sure whether he has committed a patch he was doing regarding this.
>
> I don't know much about the repositories, but i wonder if we are
> using old incorrect ones.
>
> Some explanation is at http://people.apache.org/builds.html
> which seems to say that the main Maven one is repo1.maven.org/maven2/
> and the snapshot one is at people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/
>
> That config is what Cocoon-2 uses.

I must have missed these "new" repo addresses. When I set up the
ivyconf.xml file some time ago for an internal project the addresses
were taken from cocoon. Thanks for spotting this those repos are much
better populated than the ones we were using.

I'm currently updating the ivyconf.xml and our repo as appropriate
(commits later this afternoon - GMT)

Once we have the build working using a variety of resources we should
try and reduce the number of repos we are using. But lets get it working
first.

Ross

Re: ivyconfig.xml

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Gav... wrote:

> Hi Thorsten, I'm not at my usual computer at the moment, can you chjeck
> back in this thread and see if you find where Ross mentioned he was going
> to use Maven repo directly rather than through ibiblio.
>
> Not sure whether he has committed a patch he was doing regarding this.

I don't know much about the repositories, but i wonder if we are
using old incorrect ones.

Some explanation is at http://people.apache.org/builds.html
which seems to say that the main Maven one is repo1.maven.org/maven2/
and the snapshot one is at people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository/

That config is what Cocoon-2 uses.

-David

Re: ivyconfig.xml

Posted by "Gav..." <br...@brightontown.com.au>.
<quote who="Thorsten Scherler">
> On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 02:37 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> I did a grep for ibiblio-maven2-pattern but just found 3 files using the
>> pattern but non declaring it.
>>
>> Is this a bug?
>
> <property name="ibiblio-maven2-pattern"
> value="[organisation]/[module]/[revision]/[artifact]-[revision].[type]" />
>
> Fix it.
>
> Should I commit this?

Hi Thorsten, I'm not at my usual computer at the moment, can you chjeck
back in this thread and see if you find where Ross mentioned he was going
to use Maven repo directly rather than through ibiblio.

Not sure whether he has committed a patch he was doing regarding this.

Gav...

Re: ivyconfig.xml

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Re: ivyconfig.xml

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2007-02-27 at 02:37 +0100, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am playing around in the ivy branch and found
> <ibiblio name="ibiblio-maven2"
>                 root="${ibiblio-maven2-root}"
>                 pattern="${ibiblio-maven2-pattern}"
>                 m2compatible="true"
>                 namespace="ibiblio-maven2"
>     />
>
> I provoked a fail (the jar I request does not exist) and got:
> ibiblio-maven2: tried artifact [ stax | stax-api |
> 1.0.1 ]/stax-api.jar[jar]:
> [ivy:retrieve]
> http://www.ibiblio.org/maven2/${ibiblio-maven2-pattern}
>
> I did a grep for ibiblio-maven2-pattern but just found 3 files using the
> pattern but non declaring it.

~/src/apache/forrest-ivy$ grep ibiblio-maven2-pattern -R *|grep -v .svn
tools/ivy/ivyconf.xml:
pattern="${ibiblio-maven2-pattern}" m2compatible="true"
whiteboard/forrest2/forrest2-webapp/ivyconf.xml:
pattern="${ibiblio-maven2-pattern}"
whiteboard/forrest2/core/ivyconf.xml: