Posted to dev@uima.apache.org by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de> on 2007/12/19 11:03:57 UTC

ready to release uimaj-2.2.1-incubating

Hi,

as you may have seen, the vote for uimaj-2.2.1-incubating passed on the
incubator mailing list.
So we can release the uimaj-2.2.1-incubating artifacts.

Marshall, do you have any news about the new release procedure?

Next steps:
- Upload the release artifacts to the maven incubator repository (Michael)
- Upload the release artifacts to people.apache.org if the stay with the
old release procedure (Michael)
- Upload the eclipse update site artifacts (Marshall can you do this?)
- Update the website with documentation, download, news section (Michael)

Anything else?

-- Michael

Re: ready to release uimaj-2.2.1-incubating

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.
I verified the download page links and downloaded the release artifacts
using some different mirrors. All seems to be fine!

Thanks!

-- Michael

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Forgot to set the file permissions and executable bit... Working on
fixing now.

-Marshall

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
done.  - Marshall

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
I don't have any further news.

Posted by Marshall Schor <ms...@schor.com>.
Michael Baessler wrote:
> Thilo Goetz wrote:
>> Michael Baessler wrote:

>>> Just to verify with people that already did this...
>>>
>>> I upload the release artifacts to the incubator repository by adding
>>>
>>>  <distributionManagement>
>>>    <repository>
>>>      <id>staging-repository</id>
>>>
>>> <url>scpexe://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/</url>
>>>

>>>    </repository>
>>>  </distributionManagement>
>>>
>>> to the uimaj project POM and then call
>>>
>>>    mvn -DsignArtifacts=true source:jar deploy
>>>
>>> right?
>>>
>>> -- Michael
>>>

>> You can try that, but I couldn't get it to work last time.  If you
>> get it to work, fine.  If not, don't waste a lot of time.  Just deploy
>> to a local repository on your disk and copy the resulting artifacts
>> manually.
>>
> Right, I didn't get it to work automatically, so I deployed the files
> to a local repository and copied them
> manually to the incubator repository.
> But then an issue comes up, we still want to support the old version
> (uimaj-2.2.0-incubating) that is available in the incubator
> repository, so the maven-metadata.xml file was not correct. It should
> look like:
>
> <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?><metadata>
>  <groupId>org.apache.uima</groupId>
>  <artifactId>uimaj-tools</artifactId>
>  <version>2.2.1-incubating</version>
>  <versioning>
>    <versions>
>      <version>2.2.0-incubating</version>
>      <version>2.2.1-incubating</version>
>    </versions>
>    <lastUpdated>20071213105311</lastUpdated>
>  </versioning>
> </metadata>
>
> I updated the files manually so that available UIMA builds still work.
> But this isn't a way we should go in the future.
> We have to figure out, how to do this automatically. Another issue is
> the MD5 and SHA1 checksum file for maven-metadata.xml,
> these also have to be recreated after the files have been changed. I
> also did this and update the files accordingly.
>
> I verified the uploaded release artifacts successfully. Can please
> anybody else do this.
I verified the uimaj-core/maven-metadata.xml  and
uimaj/maven-metadata.xml sha-1 and md5 hashes matches the corresponding
md5 and sha1 files in those 2 directories.  I did this by hand but there
must be an easier way....  If anyone knows, please post, and I'll use
the easier way to check the other 14 parts that make up our maven release.

-Marshall

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.

Posted by Thilo Goetz <tw...@gmx.de>.
Michael Baessler wrote:
> Michael Baessler wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> as you may have seen, the vote for uimaj-2.2.1-incubating passed on
>> the incubator mailing list.
>> So we can release the uimaj-2.2.1-incubating artifacts.
>>
>> Marshall, do you have any news about the new release procedure?
>>
>> Next steps:
>> - Upload the release artifacts to the maven incubator repository
>> (Michael)
>> - Upload the release artifacts to people.apache.org if the stay with
>> the old release procedure (Michael)
>> - Upload the eclipse update site artifacts (Marshall can you do this?)
>> - Update the website with documentation, download, news section (Michael)
>>
>> Anything else?
>>
>> -- Michael
> Just to verify with people that already did this...
>
> I upload the release artifacts to the incubator repository by adding
>
>  <distributionManagement>
>    <repository>
>      <id>staging-repository</id>
>
> <url>scpexe://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-incubating-repository/</url>
>
>    </repository>
>  </distributionManagement>
>
> to the uimaj project POM and then call
>
>    mvn -DsignArtifacts=true source:jar deploy
>
> right?
>
> -- Michael

You can try that, but I couldn't get it to work last time.  If you
get it to work, fine.  If not, don't waste a lot of time.  Just deploy
to a local repository on your disk and copy the resulting artifacts
manually.

--Thilo

Re: ready to release uimaj-2.2.1-incubating

Posted by Michael Baessler <mb...@michael-baessler.de>.