Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by John Coleman <jo...@eurobase-international.com> on 2008/11/07 12:21:25 UTC

clustering

Hi,

I am trying to set up load balancing and clustering, but whenever I put
in a request to the lb server I get:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Required property
"mcastClusterDomain" is missing.
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService.hasProperty(McastService.
java:253)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.mcast.McastService.setProperties(McastServic
e.java:141)
        at common.utilities.ServerUtil.isServerAlive(ServerUtil.java:36)
        at
org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.BaseLoadBalancingRule.isServerAlive(Bas
eLoadBalancingRule.java:89)
        at
org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.RandomRedirectRule.matches(RandomRedire
ctRule.java:41)
        at
org.apache.webapp.balancer.RuleChain.evaluate(RuleChain.java:101)
        at
org.apache.webapp.balancer.BalancerFilter.doFilter(BalancerFilter.java:1
19)
        at
tionFilterChain.java:215)
        at
erChain.java:188)
        at
e.java:213)
        at
e.java:174)
        at
:127)
        at
:117)
        at
java:108)
        at
org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve.invoke(ReplicationValve
.java:347)
        at
org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:1
51)
        at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:87
4)

I've looked at source code and config, and this property is always set!

My server.xml files look like this:

    <Server                 port="8005"
                       shutdown="SHUTDOWN" >
    <GlobalNamingResources>
    <Resource              name="UserDatabase" auth="Container"
                           type="org.apache.catalina.UserDatabase"
                    description="User database that can be updated and
saved"

                        pathname="conf/tomcat-users.xml" />
  </GlobalNamingResources>
    <Service              name="Catalina">
        <Connector        port="8009"
                 enableLookups="false"
                  redirectPort="8443"
                         debug="0"
                      protocol="AJP/1.3"/>
       <Connector         port="8080"
                    maxThreads="150"
               minSpareThreads="25"
               maxSpareThreads="75"
                 enableLookups="false"
                  redirectPort="8443"
                   acceptCount="100"
                         debug="0"
             connectionTimeout="20000"
          disableUploadTimeout="true" />

        <Engine            name="Catalina"
                    defaultHost="localhost"
                       jvmRoute="node01">

        <Realm
className="org.apache.catalina.realm.UserDatabaseRealm"
                   resourceName="UserDatabase" />

        <Cluster
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.SimpleTcpCluster"

managerClassName="org.apache.catalina.cluster.session.DeltaManager"
       expireSessionsOnShutdown="false"
                   useDirtyFlag="true">

            <Receiver

className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationListener"
               tcpListenAddress="127.0.0.1"
                  tcpListenPort="4000"
             tcpSelectorTimeout="100"
                 tcpThreadCount="6"/>

            <Sender
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationTransmitter"
                replicationMode="pooled"/>

            <Valve
className="org.apache.catalina.cluster.tcp.ReplicationValve"

filter=".*\.gif;.*\.js;.*\.jpg;.*\.htm;.*\.html;.*\.txt;"/>
        </Cluster>

            <Host          name="localhost"
                        appBase="webapps"/>

        </Engine>
    </Service>
</Server>

Has anyone cracked this error please? I have tried with 5.5-17 and
5.5-25 tomcats, same issue.

Regards,
John

Eurobase International Limited and its subsidiaries (Eurobase) are unable to exercise control over the content of information in E-Mails. Any views and opinions expressed may be personal to the sender and are not necessarily those of Eurobase. Eurobase will not enter into any contractual obligations in respect of any part of its business in any E-mail.

Privileged / confidential information may be contained in this message and /or any attachments. This E-mail is intended for the use of the addressee(s) only and may contain confidential information. If you are not the / an intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use or dissemination of this communication is strictly prohibited.  If you receive this transmission in error, please notify us immediately, and then delete this E-mail.

Neither the sender nor Eurobase accepts any liability whatsoever for any defects of any kind either in or arising from this E-mail transmission. E-Mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free, as messages can be intercepted, lost, corrupted, destroyed, contain viruses, or arrive late or incomplete. Eurobase does not accept any responsibility for viruses and it is your responsibility to scan any attachments.

Eurobase Systems Limited is the main trading company in the Eurobase International Group; registered in England and Wales as company number 02251162; registered address: Essex House, 2 County Place, Chelmsford, Essex CM2 0RE, UK.

Re: clustering

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.

Re: clustering

Posted by Alberto Jesus La Rosa Agramonte <al...@gmail.com>.