Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Stefan Zoerner <st...@labeo.de> on 2007/05/25 19:24:28 UTC

[Docs] Related to 1.5 (was Re: [ApacheDS] [SASL] SASL branch merge plan)

Enrique Rodriguez wrote:

> Ideally, the responsible party(ies) would correct this by declaring
> the home for 1.5.1 docs and moving them there.  If they aren't going
> to correct this, then I just need to know the 1.5.1 home and I can
> help sort this out.  I am here to help, but changes need to be
> discussed on this list.

I have talked to Christine yesterday, and we plan to copy the content
from both the BUG and AUG to the 1.5 space as a starting point for the
1.5 documentation. I have already started with the BUG. Christine has
volunteered for the AUG.

Content related to 1.5 only will be removed from the 1.0 space; it
simply (as Enrique correctly pointed out) does not belong there. Sorry
for any inconvenience.

> I'm guessng the home would be DIRxSRVx11, despite the space having
> "11" in the name.  Is DIRxSRVx11 the right home for the SASL and
> Configuration docs?  Who is going to un-merge the docs from the 1.0
> AUG?

Unfortunately yes. I do not know, whether it is possible to rename the
space. But from the "outside", the wrong name is not visible in the URLs.

http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/

It is therefor not that important.

Greetings from sunny Lake Constance,
     Stefan

Re: [Docs] Related to 1.5 (was Re: [ApacheDS] [SASL] SASL branch merge plan)

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.
On 5/25/07, Christine Koppelt <ch...@googlemail.com> wrote:
> contents have been copied

I see.  I took out the warnings that stated development was ongoing in
the SASL branch.

> I have started a reference page for the configuration parameters in
> server.xml (http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/configuration-parameters-reference.html).
> Perhaps we can remove the tables from the protocol provider pages and
> give them a more tutorial like style. WDYT?

That makes sense to move the tables to a reference section, once there
are tutorials.

Enrique

Re: [Docs] Related to 1.5 (was Re: [ApacheDS] [SASL] SASL branch merge plan)

Posted by Christine Koppelt <ch...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Enrique,

contents have been copied

I have started a reference page for the configuration parameters in
server.xml (http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.5/configuration-parameters-reference.html).
Perhaps we can remove the tables from the protocol provider pages and
give them a more tutorial like style. WDYT?

Christine

Posted by Enrique Rodriguez <en...@gmail.com>.