Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Eddie Ruvinsky <ru...@yahoo.com> on 2002/10/24 20:11:06 UTC

Tomcat 4.1.x: Jasper 2 backwards compat with Jasper 1?

In Tomcat 4.1.x, is the Jasper 2 runtime supposed to
be backwards compatible the Jasper 1 runtime (i.e.,
from Tomcat 4.0.x), so that existing precomiled JSPs
using the Jasper 1 compiler would work as-is with
Jasper 2 in Tomcat 4.1.x?

Thanks,
Eddie

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/test/v4.1.13/

http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/jakarta-tomcat-4.0/test/v4.1.13/RELEASE-NOTES

Re: Tomcat 4.1.x: Jasper 2 backwards compat with Jasper 1?

Posted by Ken Horn <ke...@clara.co.uk>.
I think the answer is no -- you should recompile all JSPs. Would defo be
the safest option anyway.

Posted by Eddie Ruvinsky <ru...@yahoo.com>.