Posted to dev@rocketmq.apache.org by vintagewang <vi...@apache.org> on 2016/12/27 08:08:35 UTC

[DISCUSS] RocketMQ 4.x roadmap

Dear All,

In RocketmQ4.0 version, the development tasks maily include:
1. package name changes, all source package name from com.alibaba.rocketmq
to org.apache.rocketmq
2. to add part of the unit test
3. to add English documents

Expected release time in mid-January.

In RocketMQ4.1 version, the main development of the following functions
1. the drafting of a vendor independent new messaging standards for
developers api.
   https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/ROCKETMQ-17

2. RocketMQ4.1 version of the first to support this standard

Expected to release in late Mar.

If guys have any suggestions, let's discuss it.

Regards
vintagewang

Re: [DISCUSS] RocketMQ 4.x roadmap

Posted by Roman Shtykh <rs...@yahoo.com.INVALID>.
It is also good to get rid of deprecated codes before going into a 4.x major version.Removing them later (in minor versions) may be not possible or problematic.
Roman

    On Wednesday, December 28, 2016 11:48 AM, vintagewang <vi...@apache.org> wrote:

 These two points are very valuable, I will add it to the rocketmq
4.x roadmap.

thanks @dongeforever

Regards
vintagewang

Posted by vintagewang <vi...@apache.org>.

Posted by dongeforever <10...@qq.com>.
Hi All:

Posted by vintagewang <vi...@apache.org>.
1. Rename submodules in incubator-rocketmq/ removing 'rocketmq-' prefix,
like 'rocketmq-broker' -> 'broker'

It's a good idea.

In the rocketmq3.x version, there are some English documents, but not
enough. Need more product design, client api instructions and other
documents.

Regards
vintagewang

Posted by vintagewang <vi...@apache.org>.
I will re-adjust the roadmap, do not define the strict time, thanks two
guys. @willem.jiang @justin

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Willem Jiang <wi...@gmail.com>.
There is only 2 weeks for the 4.0. release, I don't think we can make it.

How about do the 4.0 release  Q1, 17?
we can add the new message API into it .

Willem Jiang

          http://jnn.iteye.com  (Chinese)
Twitter: willemjiang
Weibo: 姜宁willem