Posted to cactus-user@jakarta.apache.org by Mi...@wellsfargo.com on 2004/06/28 18:24:36 UTC

EJB Test Design help?

I need to see if someone an help me to design my Cactus tests for my EJB's.
I have a composite DTO that has Entities that match:

CreditAppDto
|--> BusinessCard1
    |--> Bank Account 1
    |--> Bank Account 2
|-->BusinessLine
|--> Guarantor[1..*]

Now, this DTo get saved all at once in my Use Case.

I have spit up the CreditApplicationManager methods into smaller chunks:

CreditApplicationManager.createCreditApplicaton(...)
CreditApplicationManager.createBusinessCard(...)
CreditApplicationManager.createBusinessLine(...)
CreditApplicationManager.createGuarantor(...)

But, they all still get called from:
CreditApplicationManager.conclude(CreditApplicationDto)

Any design thoughts on how to test this scenario?

---
> Thanks...
> Mick Knutson
>
> 525 Market Street, SF, CA  94103
> (415) 222-1020
> Mick.Knutson@WellsFargo.com
> MAC A0103-223
---

RE: EJB Test Design help?

Posted by Vincent Massol <vm...@pivolis.com>.
Hi,

A few options:

1/ Create Cactus integration unit test for the create*() methods? I assume
they're all calling the database and that's what you wish to test, right?

2/ Another possibility is to have mock objects unit tests (i.e by mocking
the database access level) and then a Cactus integration test that tests he
conclude() method (and thus the other methods) in integration with the
database.

3/ Same as 2 except you don't use Cactus at all and you test functionally
(i.e. from the outside) your application (using whatever interfaces it
offers to the outside world)

-Vincent