Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Jacob Marquez <ja...@microsoft.com.INVALID> on 2022/03/21 23:23:10 UTC

RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: GraphX Support

Awesome, thank you!

From: Sean Owen <sr...@gmail.com>
Sent: Monday, March 21, 2022 4:11 PM
To: Jacob Marquez <ja...@microsoft.com>
Cc: user@spark.apache.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: GraphX Support

You don't often get email from srowen@gmail.com<ma...@gmail.com>. Learn why this is important<http://aka.ms/LearnAboutSenderIdentification>
GraphX is not active, though still there and does continue to build and test with each Spark release. GraphFrames kind of superseded it, but is also not super active FWIW.

On Mon, Mar 21, 2022 at 6:03 PM Jacob Marquez <ja...@microsoft.com.invalid>> wrote:
Hello!

My team and I are evaluating GraphX as a possible solution. Would someone be able to speak to the support of this Spark feature? Is there active development or is GraphX in maintenance mode (e.g. updated to ensure functionality with new Spark releases)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

--
Jacob H. Marquez
He/Him

Re: [EXTERNAL] Re: GraphX Support

Posted by Bjørn Jørgensen <bj...@gmail.com>.
One alternative can be to use Spark and ArangoDB <https://www.arangodb.com>

Introducing the new ArangoDB Datasource for Apache Spark
<https://www.arangodb.com/2022/03/introducing-the-new-arangodb-datasource-for-apache-spark/>

ArongoDB is a open source graphs DB with a lot of good graphs utils and
documentation <https://www.arangodb.com/docs/stable/graphs.html>

tir. 22. mar. 2022 kl. 00:49 skrev Jacob Marquez
<ja...@microsoft.com.invalid>:

> Awesome, thank you!

Bjørn Jørgensen
Vestre Aspehaug 4, 6010 Ålesund