Posted to user@forrest.apache.org by Holly Edelson <ho...@edelsonmedia.com> on 2006/06/30 19:09:44 UTC

book

Hi,

I found a obscure bug months ago in some mac OS browser version on
someone's machine.
The output on that OS browser was to show the first menu Label, first
menu Item, then nothing else on site.xml
as though the div tag was not recognized by the browser (cross-browser
issue)

I traced it to the html generated by book2menu in both the project skin
and webapp skin which inserts the site.xml data into

label
menu item

essentially.

Tried to solve by recoding the div tags to generate a table with each
menuLabel and menuItem or selected menuItem into html table row/cell.

webapp kept stripping it somewhere or not reading the element to output
in td.

Has anyone found a way to replace the html structure in book2menu?
The project css stylesheet, no matter how you tweak the class
attributes, is not the root of the problem, it is in the
book2menu in the local project and the webapp/.

kind regards,
Holly

--
Holly Edelson
holly@edelsonmedia.com

Edelson Media is the innovative engine behind summitjournal.com and Adventure and Exploration Magazine. We have depth and breadth of experience in adventure and exploration, and passion that no other media group has. Cutting-edge Marketing, Public Relations and Promotions, Recruiting, Scouting, Event and Project Management. Product and Brand Development. Web Application Service Provider, 360 Web Support, Communications, Design, Editorial and Writing services, Custom Client Support Services.

Re: book

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Holly Edelson wrote:
> Has anyone found a way to replace the html structure in book2menu?

You just need to edit the book2menu.xsl be sure to edit the right one
though. It must be either the one in the skins directory coresponding to
the skin you specificy in your project
(FORRET_HOME/main/webapp/skins/foo), or, if the relevant section does
not appear in there, the one in the common skin directory
(FORRET_HOME/main/webapp/skins/common).

Ross