Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Alena Prokharchyk <Al...@citrix.com> on 2013/10/02 23:47:03 UTC

Re: [DISCUSS] Release Managers for future ACS releases - enhacement

On 9/26/13 2:58 PM, "Animesh Chaturvedi" <an...@citrix.com>
wrote:

> [...]

+1 on the bug assignement proposal from Alex as it would save a lot of
time for me as a developer. At the moment I have to trace list of
Unassigned bugs multiple times a day, look at the logs/code in order to
find out whether this bug in my area or not, how critical the bug is, how
urgent is the fix, and whether I have time to fix it. And I assume thats
what the rest of the developers do. So I see the following issues with the

#1 Multiple people parsing the same big set of data, is not efficient when
close to release deadline. Especially when this parsing doesn't result in
the bug assignment/update.
#2 If the bug is not a blocker/critical bug, it can be left out unassigned
forever.

To help the RM to make the decision on the bug assignment, the person who
filed the bug (if developer), or developer who did the debugging for the
bug but by some reason can't fix it himself, should include git commit id
that most likely caused the problem, to the Jira ticket.

And I'm not sayting that I want to stop checking the list of unassigned
bugs on a regular basis; we must do it anyway. I just want this list to
become shorter. And if somebody directly assigns the bug to me knowing
that its caused by my git commit or happening in the code area I'm
familiar with, I would appreciate that too.

-Alena.

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.
And we need to  hash out the JIRA ticket assignments and component breakdown - so it's going to be 2 threads.

Posted by "Musayev, Ilya" <im...@webmd.net>.