Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by "M. Manna" <ma...@gmail.com> on 2017/09/07 14:22:11 UTC

SQL Server 2012 (or Later) Connectors for Kafka Connect

Hi All,

We are running a PoC which consists of some DB level syncrhonisation
between two servers. The idea is that we will synchronise a set of tables
either at a certain interval or just using initial settings from Kafka
Connect API.

Assuming that Connect is the correct route for us, does anyone know if
there is any open source connector implementation compatible with SQL
Server 2012 (or later) ? I can see that confluent has a lot of connectors
published in - https://www.confluent.io/product/connectors

I haven't looked at the code yet, but if existing SQL connectors can
support the basic synchronisation, is it recommended to be used?

As a background to why we haven't used connector before - we are currently
using basic Kafka Client API to track certain DB transaction events on
these tables and publishing them to certain topics. Our goal is to move to
Connect API.

Thanks for the help.

Regards,